Old School Decoying

the old days were the best, for decoying now the pigeons have wised up its getting harder.

I am 52 and can remember shooting pigeons aged 12....over Kale. I was never taken decoying just sat in a ditch freezing cold as my Dad and his mates were snowed off the building site. I could not feel my feet or the hammers of my 20 bore!

Dad said lots of birds starved to death back then....plenty of feed these days = lots of pigeons...

TEH

I am 52 and can remember shooting pigeons aged 12....over Kale. I was never taken decoying just sat in a ditch freezing cold as my Dad and his mates were snowed off the building site. I could not feel my feet or the hammers of my 20 bore!

Dad said lots of birds starved to death back then....plenty of feed these days = lots of pigeons...

TEH

I went throught the same torture! mine was sitting in a half flooded ditch in the middle of winter, with just my binoculars watching the duck and the geese flight in and out of the brooks, dreaming of one day being able to go after them. It's a happy memory now but at the time, I was starting to wonder for my sanity..........