Would the make of a rifle/shotgun put you off?

PUSC

I have to say after buying an Arkrom 12b o/u a few weeks ago - I am surprised and impressed with it's build quality. I picked it up for a wildfowling gun and honestly the build quality is comparable to my beretta 682 gold e... honestly I wouldn't be selling it if I didn't need funds for my .17 and .243 :(

Make does not put me off..............................can you tell what it is yet?

WeihraughHW66Jagd-Matchcopy_zps0f5be2eb.[/url]

A Weihraugh HW66 Jagd-Match .22..................................hope I love it cause it definitely wasn't cheap :no:

Nice aesthetics but in .22 LR it wont out shoot a good second hand CZ etc. in my experience its down to the ammo. Joy of ownership is what it is

I'm not fussy or snobby when it comes to shotguns. I don't use them often enough to worry and I don't use semis. Condition and fit are all that matter. My present gas-pipe is a Spanish side by side of some make or other which I bought for £60. Laquered woodwork looks cheap and nasty, but on the other hand it keeps the weather out, Barrels are in excellent nick, nothing is slack or rattley and best of all it fits me like a glove. I need all the help I can get with shotguns. When they fit I can hit things and when they don't I may as well fire blanks. I certainly don't care what other people think on driven shoots.

Rifles are a different matter. If I've had bad experiences or trouble getting one to shoot it always makes me wary of that make. Confidence plays a huge part in rifle shooting. If you haven't got faith in your rifle you chase your own mistakes and never shoot well with it, at least I don't.

I've got a expensive uk gunworks tikka t3 for foxing and in my opinion you want the best you can afford for taking live vermin, but I've got a quite cheap bettinisoli for game shooting as it doesn't need to be a floated barrel or trigger job..or decent scope. A decent named rifle but a big standard shotgun for me...I wouldn't buy a poor rifle for foxing..

A skoda goes from A - B like a Ford/Jaguar/Ferrari. Budget/Brand/Image mean different things to different folk.

I agree with what your saying in principle but skoda is a bad example, they make fantastic cars now. Your basically getting an Audi with a different badge you should test drive the new octavia vrs better than any BMW I've been in.

Shotguns as long as there safe and fit make isn't important other than image as its you that does the real work.

Rifles I would always go for a brand I'm either familiar with like cz or a brand which I hear nothing but good about like sako, tikka etc. and put the best I can afford at the time scope wise.

OK, so add this to the mix then, any rifle as long as isn't shot out - but with a decent scope on top...An opinion I heard voiced this past week.

Kinda think that you're only as strong as your weakest link and the above seems to ignore that somehow...

love my hatsan never let me down.my beretta 686 only used on clays n my 40 quid kestral sbs hide gun tight as new from mr bosher dont care what name on the gun if u aim at mr pigeon and he ends up on your plate job done .modern synthetics aint gonna wear out i do plastics for a living if you dont like synthetics sell your car apart from the engine block most of your engine parts and interior are synthetics .manifolds air intakes doors etc .wood is great looks gorgeous but if your a rough shooting clumsy like me abs is the thing.buy what u can afford and enjoy your sport we all dream of buying the best but the money isnt there for most of us .

Yes, the make and it's reputation within the sport has a big impact for me. If looking for a clay gun for instance I only really take the likes of Beretta/Browning/Perazzi etc etc seriously and wouldn't dream of buying a Bettinsoli regardless of how well it looked or came up. I wouldn't buy a clay specific AYA either for instance, even if it looked every bit as good as the competition, unless it was vastly cheaper and cost was important at the time simply because there will always be thousands of 2nd hand established makes with proven designs at silly low prices anyway.

If buying an air rifle I would stick to HW/some BSA's/Theoben/AirArms etc etc, why buy a new strange name for £250 when you can have a 2nd hand real make for less?