Lamping last night.

pigeonblasterian

Lamping last night from 2230 till 0300 this morning.

Plenty of animals roaming around but a bit scarce on the rabbits again last night.

Saw plenty of deer about in different places.

A couple of foxs were about but were having nothing to do with us.

As soon as we picked them up in the light they were running away so must have been lamp wary.

Ended up with six rabbits and five hares.

20130903_031355_zps79e361ae.jpg

I'm not starting a argument, I'm sure if he was to know he wouldn't of posted the pictures of hares and stated what time, I was just making him aware.... Everyone makes mistakes

Hares are classed as ground game and can be shot at night but not on a Sunday in some county's.

And deer is what? Mid height game? And can't me shot at night....

Edited by Olliesims

I'm not starting a argument, I'm sure if he was to know he wouldn't of posted the pictures of hares and stated what time, I was just making him aware.... Everyone makes mistakes

This has been done on here about 3 million times , I think the general view is that its a bit of a "grey area" , personally I just cannot see why anyone would want to shoot them under the lamp with a rifle as its hardly sporting .

I guess being trained by swiss tony has something to do about it.

Night Shooting

Night is defined as between one hour after sunset until one hour before sunrise (except Jersey – see below).

England, Wales and Scotland

The shooting of game at night is not permitted. Ground game (rabbit and hare - which is subject to a close season in Scotland) may be shot at night by an occupier of land or one other person authorised by the occupier, with the permission of the holder of the shooting rights under Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 Schedule 7, unless the occupier has the exclusive rights.

Night Game shooting England and Wales

The use of firearms at night for shooting ground game is prohibited under section 6 of the Ground Game Act 1880 - night time is between the expiration of the first hour after sunset and the last hour before sunrise. Schedule 7 of the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 provides an exception for occupiers of land, or one other person authorised by them, to use firearms at night for the purpose of killing ground game if the occupier has the written authority of a person entitled to kill or take the ground game on that land, that is the holder of the shooting rights.

It seems to swing both ways really which is abit strange

Night Shooting

Night is defined as between one hour after sunset until one hour before sunrise (except Jersey – see below).

England, Wales and Scotland

The shooting of game at night is not permitted. Ground game (rabbit and hare - which is subject to a close season in Scotland) may be shot at night by an occupier of land or one other person authorised by the occupier, with the permission of the holder of the shooting rights under Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 Schedule 7, unless the occupier has the exclusive rights.

i think that answers that then

colin

I don't understand how it says its prohibited one minute then says its ok the next section with permission to shoot them at night.. Wouldn't it make sense too make it either illegal or legal with no inbetween?

its a bit like the

what caliber you can use for what etc

it would be too easy if it was all in black and white

colin

No mistake it was purely pest control for for farmers who had asked for them to be shot on their land.

This has been done on here about 3 million times , I think the general view is that its a bit of a "grey area" , personally I just cannot see why anyone would want to shoot them under the lamp with a rifle as its hardly sporting .

I guess being trained by swiss tony has something to do about it.

Did not mean to upset you with pictures of dead animals.

But tough. :lol:

Did not mean to upset you with pictures of dead animals.

But tough. :lol:

Dont worry pal , I am not upset , I fully understand there are two types of shooters , those that have some respect for their quarry and those that just want to kill things at all costs

You fall in the second but crack on , it will be your kids that have no hares to shoot not mine :good:

Dont worry pal , I am not upset , I fully understand there are two types of shooters , those that have some respect for their quarry and those that just want to kill things at all costs

You fall in the second but crack on , it will be your kids that have no hares to shoot not mine :good:

Well and truly wound up.Chill,relax and try not to get upset because you have mistaken me for someone who cares. :rolleyes: