Decoying in the rain?

.philmypower.

Pigeons certainly feed less in the rain. They don't like getting their feet muddy. Look out for birds feeding on grass or clover where they can keep clean.

I absolutely hate getting all of my kit soaking wet so I never set up when it's raining but I have been caught out many times when it started to rain once I was in position.

dont think shooting pigeons is up to much..they just hang about in trees until the rain stops

BUT...if you know when there is a thunder storm coming on, and you know a good flight wood...set up and wait for them to come in...i did that many summers ago, the birds get confused with the banging and thunder etc...we had a great time for 40 mins or so...also got very wet........

I have never shot much in prolonged heavy rain, but showery days and intermittent rain can be OK.

As has been said, they don't like mud on their feet, but they have to feed.

In Winter, when there has not been much food in the woods, I have shot big bags over rape between the showers.

I tend to set up near trees where possible, as the birds don't want to go far.

Often its just worth going and having a look to see what the birds are doing.

The least it will be is a lesson learned.

Out best day this year was a rainy one all be intermittent. Was over drillings and all day it was either raining fairly lightly and most the action would dry up or over cast and they would murder themselves.

Showers only lasted a few minutes, god they were like queuing to get in after them lol.

Think we had 168 between two of us in same hide

Karpman