Is it any good?

Shahin

Hi,

Ive just dug out an old air rifle that I used to use when I was younger (10 years ago). Its a BSA METEOR.

It has a site on it but I do not know which one. Also has been increased to 12ftlb.

I dont know anything about air guns as I now use a shotgun but would like to start taking an air rifle out with me every now and then.

So... The question is this any good or would you advice an upgrade?

Cheers

James

Sound gun i used to have one over 30 years ago :good: used to pop off loads of pigeons that used to perch on a telegraph pole in the corner of the garden and nearly all head shots. wasnt till some time after i found out that they were not pigeons that you were supposed to shoot :good:

Well they used to eat my Dads Veg

as for 12ft lb not sure its pushing it a bit for a small chamber.. Most probably about 8ft lb

There is nothing wrong with the BSA Meteor. However I would be dubious about the fact it has been tinkered with. Get a gunsmith to chrono it just to make sure it is not illegal. I know the chances are slim but better safe than sorry.

After that just get practicing!

What scope has it got?

Decent enough guns those meteors...........

I started shooting aged 8 with BSA Cadet...and BSA Meteor that my dear old grandad gave me....................... after that I was gifted with a BSA Mercury, then Airsporter and Scorpion pistol..........................................................the rest 'as they say' is history :good:

• 2 weeks later...
Sound gun i used to have one over 30 years ago :lol: used to pop off loads of pigeons that used to perch on a telegraph pole in the corner of the garden and nearly all head shots. wasnt till some time after i found out that they were not pigeons that you were supposed to shoot :good:

Well they used to eat my Dads Veg

as for 12ft lb not sure its pushing it a bit for a small chamber.. Most probably about 8ft lb

had a meteor myself once (about 20 years ago), my dad got rid of it for me when he found out i had it :lol: as for power, mine may have been fitted with a 'gatespring' which used to be a favourite for upping the power (never done by a decent gunsmith :lol: ), may even have been fitted with a proper spring :lol: but i'd be a little surprised if one went much over 10fp without shaking itself apart :good: