Moon-shy foxes

Alpha Mule

Am I the only one who has moon shy foxes - and everything else come to think of it?

Every time I go out around a full moon, whether there is cloud cover or not, I rarely see anything moving.

I suppose the rabbits will understand that all the predators will be able to see them and therefore be a bit more wary, but they still have to eat, as do the foxes.

I ensure all my skin is covered, wear the camo, do the usual: slow and as silent as possible, but even if I sit under a tree and just watch instead of walking, nothing comes out to play.

Any advice / insights are welcome.

Thats strange you post this as went out the other night under the full moon and i have never seen so many rabbits on a couple of fields, the other strange thing was one of the fields which was crawling with rabbits also had a fox sat right in the middle of it.

We have been seeing this same fox for a couple of weeks now and it is almost impossible to shoot as it is lamp shy and it doesn't like the call.

That same night we saw 4 fox's and mt mate missed one sat up like a dog looking at us at 50 yards.

I come to the conclusion (may be wrong) some time ago that if you are lamping somewhere that has a lot of light pollution, the extra light of a full moon can often give your presence away very quickly so things are gone before you know it. On the other hand when you are out in the middle of nowhere it is generally darker even with a good moon and thing seem to be better. I have noticed this trend but others may find it differs for them.

I would imagine this makes a difference.

a few farms we shoot over they are very lamp shy mite pick them up 300/400 mts with the lamp but that it !!! but with nv its a diffrent ball game can pick them up at that range and watch come in before you send them to a better place the only time we use a lamp nowdays is to go and pick them up some days it dosn,t seem fair because they never know a thing about it but thats the way foxing has seemed to gone