3 aircraft rammed by 4x4....

Sprackles

I expect he'll get a really firm caution. He won't be insured so the plane owners can't claim there, and I doubt if they can claim against the airfield owners. The Cessna 182 is a really nice plane, I think that one is the "T" version and only a few years old. Maybe about £180,000 - £200,000

I expect he'll get a really firm caution. He won't be insured so the plane owners can't claim there, and I doubt if they can claim against the airfield owners. The Cessna 182 is a really nice plane, I think that one is the "T" version and only a few years old. Maybe about £180,000 - £200,000

It would all depend upon whether the owners of the damaged planes are paying to park them on the airfield. If they are they should be able to claim against the owner.

It would all depend upon whether the owners of the damaged planes are paying to park them on the airfield. If they are they should be able to claim against the owner.

Englefield is just a strip of mown grass alongside a field - no radio and not much else. You'd need to check for sheep before you land :) It may well be insured though.

Have a look here. You can see a plane standing in the corner right under the point of the label.

Indeed, but if both are insured - I wonder who would pay. If it were two vehicles, or two aircraft, it would be more straightforward. But here we're dealing with a car and an aircraft which have two distinct sets of laws which regulate them and how they are insured. I suppose the insurance companies would fight it out - would love to be a fly on the wall in those discussions :lol:

Indeed, but if both are insured - I wonder who would pay. If it were two vehicles, or two aircraft, it would be more straightforward. But here we're dealing with a car and an aircraft which have two distinct sets of laws which regulate them and how they are insured. I suppose the insurance companies would fight it out - would love to be a fly on the wall in those discussions :lol:

I don't think it would be a problem if the car was insured for the driver - In this case I guess the 4x4 was nicked and the driver possibly unlicensed and probably uninsured.

I don't think it would be a problem if the car was insured for the driver - In this case I guess the 4x4 was nicked and the driver possibly unlicensed and probably uninsured.

Yet another complication. Typically a car is licensed though, albeit with named drivers. But as the car was taken without permission... Who knows.