Caliber Advice Poll

stevethevanman

Caliber Advice  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best calliber to get for the odd fox out to 60yds and small game and vermine out to 150yds

• 17HMR
    • 22WMR
    • 22Hornet

Technically id say the .22wmr it is a v.good round and much better for shooting foxes than a .17 i had one and my only problem is the tradjectory. I got the 17 because as i said the tradjectiry is dead flat just point and shoot. The 17 should suit you fine although if your doing alot of foxing and want to shoot them out at 100 yards a .22mag will do the job and out to 150 if you do your bit. For anyone that thinks this is pushin it i've known 6 deer taken recently with a .22wmr and they all dropped dead on the spot shots were around 50 yards.

.22hornet is overkill imo but if your willing to pay for the ammo go for it will give you alot of better opertunitys for foxing

Psittacosis, you are in breach of deer caliber law and if you are still shooting them with that caliber get a legal caliber and gun fast, because if they catch you shooting deer illegaly they can take away your license and you and the land owner can face prosicution.

NOT GOOD!!! :good:

dont think he said it was himself. but we get your point.

Wasnt me and afaik was legal not wanting to open up a debate here but the deer were on your mans property and where damaging his land here the deer are then classed as vermin and can be shot. They stop being vermin when you bring them back with you and eat them you have to bury them.

Not to get away from the topic just proving the point of what a .22wmr is capable of and a well placed shot with one will take down alot of things