On the ducks

Tod

Got an invite of Tex to go over and try for some ducks at teatime, got there about 6 ish and walked about 30 - 40 mallard off the river in hope of them coming back, got settled in some cover at the side of a bit of flood water and waited, then just as the light was fading 2 Mallard come perfect to my right, dropped the first and hit the second but it never dropped, not the biggest fan of steel but needs must i suppose, a quick retreive by Tex's dog and got settled again, then just as it was dropping dark Teal and mallard started dropping in, the teal were like bullets and the mallard were coming in from the far side and dropping out of reach, had a shot at some Teal and managed to drop 2 for 1 shot and another good retrieve in thick nettles, so 3 duck and one happy chap.

Cheers Tex, enjoyable as ever :good:

post-53283-0-83617700-1381867369_thumb.jpg

ye good shooting and as said nice shooter, i could own one my self if i can get my head around the price,atb simon...

Just do it Simon you wont regret it, theres no pockets in shrouds fella, i could almost guarantee if you got one you would keep it for life, i love mine that much,

Got an invite of Tex to go over and try for some ducks at teatime, got there about 6 ish and walked about 30 - 40 mallard off the river in hope of them coming back, got settled in some cover at the side of a bit of flood water and waited, then just as the light was fading 2 Mallard come perfect to my right, dropped the first and hit the second but it never dropped, not the biggest fan of steel but needs must i suppose, a quick retreive by Tex's dog and got settled again, then just as it was dropping dark Teal and mallard started dropping in, the teal were like bullets and the mallard were coming in from the far side and dropping out of reach, had a shot at some Teal and managed to drop 2 for 1 shot and another good retrieve in thick nettles, so 3 duck and one happy chap.

Cheers Tex, enjoyable as ever :good:

Always a pleasure, :good:

You and me both fella,

well done Tod, you know that steel shot makes the world a nicer place, lol. I bet the ducks would rather be shot with lead if they had the choice?

Had 6 mallard this morning , 4 clean kill and 2 hard hit and falling 60 yrd away ,both retrived stil alive,The steel shot I was using

was 32 grams ,n,4 plastic wads,STEEL GAME HULL CARTRIDGE, useing a bennelli crio evo with a anaconda mid range choke,

Any one else useing these cartridges,Good or bad?Tod was useing the same cartridges last nite .

Any one suggest another make or shot size they are having good results with.

Just do it Simon you wont regret it, theres no pockets in shrouds fella, i could almost guarantee if you got one you would keep it for life, i love mine that much,

if i could have a guarantee that it wouldn't jam i would buy one tomoz tod,i have owned probably 10 plus autos in my life time and they all have god dam jamed,and ive kept them mint inside as well,may be soon who knows,atb simon...

if i could have a guarantee that it wouldn't jam i would buy one tomoz tod,i have owned probably 10 plus autos in my life time and they all have god dam jamed,and ive kept them mint inside as well,may be soon who knows,atb simon...

Never had a jam on my 391 so I'd be expecting the A400 to be as reliable. Hope so anyway because I've got one on my shopping list.

it must be coming up to a year since i bought mine, its had everything through it from 3 1/2 inch mammoth steel, 3 inch solway lead, various pigeon loads and even had it claying with light loads, i have cleaned it no more than 3 times and it has jammed a grand total of ZERO, cant ask more than that :)

You and me both fella,

well done Tod, you know that steel shot makes the world a nicer place, lol. I bet the ducks would rather be shot with lead if they had the choice?

Cheers fella, need to find some better steel cartridges though.

A friend of mine shot a pigeon flying over us waiting for duck to come in once with gamebore mammoth 3's hit as hard as you like it kept flying.On the way back from the pond his dog picked this pigeon around 120 yard from where it was shot... It's breast had around 6-8 pieces of shot in it. It was shot well in range but just kept flying!

Had 6 mallard this morning , 4 clean kill and 2 hard hit and falling 60 yrd away ,both retrived stil alive,The steel shot I was using

was 32 grams ,n,4 plastic wads,STEEL GAME HULL CARTRIDGE, useing a bennelli crio evo with a anaconda mid range choke,

Any one else useing these cartridges,Good or bad?Tod was useing the same cartridges last nite .

Any one suggest another make or shot size they are having good results with.

Remington Nitro steel 3" 1 1/4 oz of no.2 AM (its a buffered load) hits like Thors own hammer. Next to that its Gamebore 3" no3 36grm Mammoth steel, good patterns but not so hard hitting

You and me both fella,

No, they don't care one jot but the future of our sport depends on 100% compliance. Steel works but we just need to loose our pre-conceptions of charge weights its not lead and we get more pellets so drive it faster. I don't miss using lead now and am even using steel on crows

No, they don't care one jot but the future of our sport depends on 100% compliance. Steel works but we just need to loose our pre-conceptions of charge weights its not lead and we get more pellets so drive it faster. I don't miss using lead now and am even using steel on crows

I agree with what you're saying kent. It's just that I think it's been ill thought out and in many situations has no useful outcome. There are places where it may be of benefit, but if you shoot a duck it has to be with steel/non toxic, regardless of the land/ area and situation just doesn't seem like a well thought out system to me. Just my opinion, maybe I know nowt though,lol...