Bettinsoli advice

Shadowb35

Hi all

Looking for some advice on what you would do in this situation . I bought a bettinsoli dimond deluxe around 2 years ago brand new. However after only 2 trips to the clay range I noticed the forend was loose this i took back to the shot where it was fixed admittedly after 5 weeks. Since I don't get to shoot too often the gun sat in my cabinet for around 6/7 months before use again after only a couple of outings the forend was loose I this time I also noticed the gun was misfiring ( I normally only shoot with one cartridge in at a time when I clay shoot to help keep cost down ) . The gun was returned to the gun shop and a couple of weeks latter returned to me with the forend well and truly tigh excellent but apparently after 50 rounds no sign of double discharge. t came back to day after my first day of the season and the gun double discharged twice . I reckon the shop ( who I don't want to name )are getting pretty sick of me and my problem bettinsoli I'm just wondering if anyone knows where I stand ?

Hi and welcome to the site, Bettinsoli's had a double discharge problem a few years ago, problem was supposed to have been solved, I have 1 and never had any problem with it, maybe check your selector is fully to left or right before taking safety off. And shop where you bought it should be ok with you coming back as they sold you the gun and if still under warranty are obligated to get it sorted.

Good luck S

Yup, I've had the occasional double fire problem with my Bettinsoli Overland as well.

It seems to only happen if the safety is not entirely left or right when pushed forward. If you ever notice that this is the case, move the safety over fully, open the gun and re-close.

As to the misfire, it could be any number of causes. Could be the trigger not being engaged by the sears after firing the first shot (if it happens on a second), or a weak spring on the firing pin, or the firing pin being a little short.

Basically, unless you know what you are doing, you need a gunsmith.

Whereabouts are you, if you put it on your profile then I'm sure you'll get plenty of help with locating someone good that is local-ish to you

OK time to do some reading............ http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/advice/index.cfm

The shop sold it, it's down to them to make sure it is up to standard (no one elses under UK law)

Only using one cart will limit the frequency of double discharge...... Seems the gun has not been right from the start and you have given them several opportunities to sort it. I would suggest you "reject the item as not of satisfactory quality"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/features/consumer-law-sale-of-goods

A brand new shotgun should last more than a year.... hopefully you have some documentation re the previous repairs. Dont expect them to like the legalities and you'll need to be prepared to write letters and go to court if necessary...

ye as above mine was the same took it back to shop pulled stock off with me watching full of gunk and **** cleaned and re oiled been spot on since

Similar to this with mine. The action was caked in thick, gloopy grease. Once cleaned out and relubed it was perfect ever after, that was several thousand shells worth.

Had a diamond for over three years and i guessbetween10-12,000 carts with no problems, guess it comes down to luck, aparently about 5 year ago and older there was a fair bit of talk about double discharge, but seems no worse than other makes now

I always leave mine on bottom first so never move selector, sound feasable selector could be the problem not fully over either way