Ns50- Illumination problems.

Merlin64

Been out many nights and soon as I switch it on rabbits are gone from 200 yards away . Tried the filters you stick on the screen but makes no difference , they still see your face I guess being lit up by the monitor . Or is it the red glow of the IR spooking the rabbits I wonder ?

Any ideas or soloutions ?

sounds like you are over shooting the place ,

some rabbits can get very wary of the red glow from infrared but does not normally happen, with regards the glare your ns50 should not be giving much off, if it is then do what I do which is wear black and not camo, ie black boots,coat,pants and even a black balaclava. this way the only reflection will be onto black, I must say it sounds a bit strange that the ns50 ir is spooking rabbits out to 200 yrds,

I personally don't think it is the ir but it is your movement, stay low and always try and get close to them with the wind in your face,oh and don't forget black gloves also,

if this doesn,t work then it could be they sense danger when they see anything red,or glowing, give the permission a miss for two weeks then try again

hope this helps

Evo

Been out many nights and soon as I switch it on rabbits are gone from 200 yards away . Tried the filters you stick on the screen but makes no difference , they still see your face I guess being lit up by the monitor . Or is it the red glow of the IR spooking the rabbits I wonder ?

Any ideas or soloutions ?

No rabbit would even bother moving from a fox 200 yards away, you have some interesting rabbits there! :good:

I have a Gen 3 spotter so I can see the rabbits without IR over 150-200 yds away without spooking them. I am also static and not moving so movement or noise is not the issue. Soon as I switch the NS50 on they are gone very rapid, scuttling into cover . So has to be IR glow or reflective light from the monitor <('!')> ??

I'm wondering if your ns50 is emitting an electrical whistle that maybe is too high pitch for you to hear, similar to the cat scare machines you get for your garden. Ask a young child if they can hear it when you turn it on. Kids can hear my cat scarer but adults can't. Just a suggestion.