Which gun oil?

aris

Anyone use / used clenzoil?

Yes I got a sample to try and its ok. not noticed any difference better or worse than my other lubes/cleaners so havnt bought the full sized one yet.

The browning Legia spray oil is good no gumming up but it's only an oil not really a cleaner or anything else in it. Unlike the Napier with its vp90 corrosion inhibitor and cleaning agents. I use the Legia on the barrels and action before taking the gun out in damp or wet conditions and after drying cleaning and re lubing give the barrels a quick mist before putting it back in the cabinet. The vp 90 can work its magic on all the guns in there then. I also use the Napier for light cleaning of the gun.

For the auto I'm now using Wd 40 dry PTFE lube in a grey and yellow can it goes on wet runs into tight spaces then the liquid carrier dries leaving the dry lube to do its stuff.

I will be getting some frog lube in the not to distant future as it does look like good stuff.

Figgy

Edited by figgy

i clean with g96 nitro spray and re oil with beretta oil spray! also use beretta white grease on hinge, chokes etc.

youngs 303 and 009 wont need re oiling after use as they leave a film of non corrosive stuff, but you can re oil if you preffer!

when the beretta runs out i think il get some parker hale express gun oil spray and try that, little bit cheaper and 25ml more :)

Edited by OvEr_KiLL

Correct me if I am wrong ,but I believe Youngs 303 is a preservative and not a lubricant

Youngs 303 is a solvent cleaner (and in my opinion one of the best). Its good at preventing corrosion, but its not a lubricant. The 'related' lubricant from the makers (Parker Hale) is Express oil. Parker Hales preservative oil is called Rangoon oil and is also good stuff for storage. I'm happy with 3 in 1 and a light general purpose grease for lubrication and use Youngs 303 for barrel internal cleaning. I rarely if ever use WD40 as its primarily a (silicone based I believe) water dispersant, and I'd rather use a little heat and warm air to dry things.

Copper slip on choke tubes and only clean them every 1000 shots or so.

Castrol edge 5w 30 fully synthetic for oiling and wiping the outside of the barrels.

Bisley grease or recently I have tried white lithium grease on hinge pins and high pressure points.

In my opinion no one product can do all of these jobs as well.