Eley Olympics

Gordon R

I normally use Victory Sporters. Very good shell, cheap. I also have been using Victory Challenger 8's - quick and relatively cheap. However, bought a 1000 Eley Olympic Trap 7 1/2's for £93. Clean burning and pretty damn good. Well impressed. Haven't used any for about 15 years, but I will be using more.

I normally use Victory Sporters. Very good shell, cheap. I also have been using Victory Challenger 8's - quick and relatively cheap. However, bought a 1000 Eley Olympic Trap 7 1/2's for £93. Clean burning and pretty damn good. Well impressed. Haven't used any for about 15 years, but I will be using more.

Not a bad cart i used to use em a while back but they went over £100 a thou where you getting yours for £93?

I went onto Winchester Trap max they are not too bad (bit messy) but do the job fine.

LG

I use Eley Cartridges for everything other than Wildfowling for which I use Remington Nitro Steel in 56g BB and 46g No 4's.

With Eley, I have always found them to be a clean burning cartridge, that hits more than it misses. I use Eley Olympic in 7.5's for sporting clays and 9's for Skeet in 28 gram loads. I use Eley VIP in 6's for game with fibre wad in either 30 or 32gram loads.

I once tried RC but they fouled the barrel something chronic and were punchy. Guys I shoot with use those D&J's but I find the couple of times I have used them that again they are punchy.

Ultimately it all comes down to confidence with a cartridge (and cost too), if you consistently hit clays or live quarry with your choice, then you'll tend to stick with them.

SS :yes:

I paid £93 at kelbrook Shooting School - Lancs. / Yorks. border. At that price, I would buy more. If they stick them up by £10 per thousand, I will go elsewhere. I get Victory Sporters at £100 per 1000 and would stick with them or Challengers.It's not that they aren't worth it, just don't like getting ripped off.

• 9 months later...