10g reloading - second attempt

After a couple of attempts a getting a decent pattern, I have tried a different recipe and change of wad. Advice welcome again. 107 pellets on paper. 39g of no 2 steel. Again shot through a fixed half choke.

Im just beginning at this and slowly learning!

post-17805-0-73397000-1383597698_thumb.jpg

Edited by steve0146

It certainly looks better than last time. It would still be nice to know EXACTLY how many pellets are going into these loads, though. Are you going to pattern any big pellet loads?

I am more happier with this load. I will count the pellets next time I load. A change of wad has made a massive difference. (a load from a book, not my guess work!). I have two more new reciepes to try though.

I am more happier with this load. I will count the pellets next time I load. A change of wad has made a massive difference. (a load from a book, not my guess work!). I have two more new reciepes to try though.

I did three other wads before I got what I wanted. make sure it a level playing field though as regards range and weather condtions

After a couple of attempts a getting a decent pattern, I have tried a different recipe and change of wad. Advice welcome again. 107 pellets on paper. 39g of no 2 steel. Again shot through a fixed half choke.

Im just beginning at this and slowly learning!

attachicon.gifrsz_006_2.jpg

alot better than the last photo this pattern would put ducks in the game bag 100 plus hits at 45yds is low but within the 90 hits/large duck minimum .if you are using 3.75mm/2# you will have 175 pellets+/- in a 39gram load if you could get to 125 hits youv cracked it what powder load and wad are you using some times a faster powder can help when using these lighter shot charges

good going all the same

Have you got multimetal or TPS wads? The 42gr Alliant Steel with 42g of steel shot works well and is what most of the guys are shooting when they use steel powder.

I have had some nice patterns with CSBO powder - 44gr and 42g, a good load and the powder is a quarter of the price of Alliant steel

Regards

Graham