Any tyre fitters or knowledgable mechanics help with this one.?

Fisherman Mike

Anybody have any idea why the tyres on my car are stepping on the front. When I bought it the front tyres were badly stepped and I put it down to wheel alignment and poor quality tyres. They used to make a terrible rumbling noise due to the distinctive wear pattern of stepped tyres. I had them changed for some premium tyres and a full geometry check, including wheel bearings and the problem appeared cured. However after only 2500 miles they are wearing irregularly again on the inside front a typical stepping pattern where the front edge of the tread is worn lower than the back.

Anyone have any clues at all. Suspension bushes ? or Shockers.?

Thanks as always

first question,

what car?

second question,

where did you go to get your geometery checked, what equiptment did they use?

Its an impreza sportwagon 2.0l I went to the local Protyre depot who used the latest computer aided equipment and provided a full printout referenced to the om tolerances provided by Subaru UK.

I suppose next port of call is Subaru main dealer.

probably best to get it into a main dealer, if nothing else it will give you some comeback if they tell you there is nothing wrong with ti and you find out ther is...

the allignment system we use at work uses lasers, cameras, tilt sensors and a whole host of other things. takes around three quarters of an hour to set up, and measures every concievable angle and adjustment.

but you pay for it though... lol.

in all fairness though, when it comes to tracking up R8's, RS4's, RS6's and porsche and the occasional ferrari and lambo then its well worth having... lol