Miroku but what model???

0053cat

post a pic matey and well have a look, also put the letters from the serial number if it has them on, as that will date it and we can work out what model/s it will be, is it multi choke or fixed, what type of choke ie invector or invector plus, most modern Mirokus ie the MK series will say what they are so i assume that it is older than that

Edited by sishyplops

No letters mean pre 1969.

1973-75 In 1969 Browning started using two digits for the date of manufacture which was followed by on of the following codes:

H=12 ga.

N=20ga.

Later the code was changed to J=both gauges

This was then followed by the serial number beginning with 00001.

Example: 00001H37 = A 1973 Citori 12 ga. shotgun with a serial number of 00001.

1976-1997 In 1975 Browning standardized its serial number identification which it follows to the present day.

1. Serial Number

beginning with 01001

at the start of each year.

2. Date of Manufacture

is a two digit code Z=1

Y=2

X=3

W=4

V=5

T=6

R=7

P=8

N=9

M=0

Edited by Gordon R

There are too many variables.

No photos.

What is the condition of the wood? Any cracks? What is the finish - original, varnish, oil?

Barrel condition - blueing on the outside - bores - are they absolutely mark free? Old Mirokus have a reputation for barrel / chamber rust. Barrel wall thickness - you can't tell just looking at them. At that age, I suspect many buyers would want to make sure they hadn't been lapped out too much.

Condition of trigger pulls, ejectors.

Where does the top lever face when the gun is closed - central, to the left or to the right?

How much did you pay? Are you looking to make a profit?

How quickly do you want to sell?

The top rib is almost incidental. You might be able to sell it on its own. Don't expect £180 - half if you are extremely lucky.

Your chances of finding a buyer who wants a very, very old Miroku, with a slap bang up to date high rib which is stuck on top of the old one are slim in my opinion.

£180 paid for the rib doesn't mean it will bring one penny more.

Edited by Gordon R

Put it on gunwatch wont cost you anything the first time around... I am looking at mint (reconditioned) Miroku trap gun with everything (except high rib) possible (long teagues, comb adjuster, recoil reducer etc) its older than me but its still an old miroku...... The guy who had it before spent more on it than its worth........ makes it attractive but not worth what he spent.....

PS is it the full scaffolding? Or just the bracing section?

2fa67f482133f1c934235b73c2a03954_L.jpg

Edited by HDAV

Well Ive now seen the photos,

It looks like a VERY nice gun and have to agree that it looks like a Miroku 800 but Its not an HSW because I cant see the white diamond on the forend or stock

Price wise?.....Im out because It actually looks a nicer gun than this

http://www.guntrader.co.uk/Guns-For-Sale/Miroku_Shotgun_800_For-Sale_131028132844239

And this is £795

:shaun: