Kibworth, Kegworth, Grange Farm?

paulos

i might be going down to leicester next month and fancy taking in a registered shoot while im down there. i had a look on the cpsa site and seen these grounds hold sporting shoots pretty regularly, does anyone on here shoot at any of these and if so, are they any good?

cheers :good:

Paulos,

I've shot all 3 grounds, in my opinion Kibworth is the best, good testing (but not silly) targets, nice clubhouse with gun shop attached, also you can shoot skeet & DTL as well as Sporting.

I have heard that Kegworth has improved over recent times, but I don't think they now do Registered shoots..??, so that might be worth a visit, Grange Farm is in my opinion a depressing place, right alongside a massive industrial complex, traps are frequently knackered so that no two targets are ever the same, lots of walking involved between stands, but ground is generally flat and featureless, lots of rotting straw bales around the place. I have vowed not to go back there, I'm sure they won't miss me...!! :good:

Cat.

Gordon,

I'm no tranny :good: - dressing up is not my scene, the guys that run Kegworth deserve top marks for trying hard to build up the shoot, but don't forget that Paulos wants to shoot REGISTERED Sporting shoots, and those same guys seem to have opted out of running registered shoots.

I don't know why, as I said I've not been there for a while and perhaps they've got very good reasons for not wanting to run things the way that the Moguls down South in Bisley want them to..??

I say again, if you want to shoot fair registered Sporting targets, the best ground out of the 3 mentioned is IMHO certainly Kibworth.

Cat.

Paulos,

Let everbody know what you think about Kibworth, after all, those are only my opinions based upon my own experiences, so I would welcome comments from others, and if you fancy a good ground to stop off at on your way down, try Doveridge, superb targets..!! :good:

Cat.

:P `Kibworth is my home territory for keeping my shooting up to spec.The club and its amenities are excellent,they do a great full english breakfast :lol:

Paulos,

Let everbody know what you think about Kibworth, after all, those are only my opinions based upon my own experiences, so I would welcome comments from others, and if you fancy a good ground to stop off at on your way down, try Doveridge, superb targets..!! :good:

Cat.

i might be going down to leicester next month and fancy taking in a registered shoot while im down there. i had a look on the cpsa site and seen these grounds hold sporting shoots pretty regularly, does anyone on here shoot at any of these and if so, are they any good?

cheers :look:

hi, i've shot all of them and none of them are bad shoots, although i've only shot kibworth once and i enjoyed it, it's well laid out and very pleasant surroundings. grange is reasonable sometimes and hard others depending whether the father or son has set it up the son usually puts some silly hard targets on but it wouldn't do to have easy ones would it'although it helps keep the ego up. kegworths one of my local shoots these have 100 and 50 birders on different weeks, but they are not actually cpsa reg. shoots again they are some quite good targets but it can take a long time to get round. hemlocks another local one between hemington and lockington hence the name this is a 50 birder every 2 weeks, again i enjoy it but some members from my club don't.

:good: `Kibworth is my home territory for keeping my shooting up to spec.The club and its amenities are excellent,they do a great full english breakfast :P

Paulos,

Let everbody know what you think about Kibworth, after all, those are only my opinions based upon my own experiences, so I would welcome comments from others, and if you fancy a good ground to stop off at on your way down, try Doveridge, superb targets..!! :lol:

Cat.

hi, i've shot kibworth once :yp: and i thoroughly enjoyed it and yes the breakfast is second to none iv'e come across on any other shoot :lol: