hodge911

after complaints to customer services I have received a cheque for £50 which in their words is "not compensation as they don't compensate financially "

in my opinion it a token gesture which just covers what we spent on food and coffees in the four service areas they dropped us at in the 13.5 hour fiasco.

I have been looking at the green flag website and it looks o but I will ring and find out more in the turn of the year

Im in Green Flag

Had to call them out a few years ago when I was in Luton, (Leaking coolant hose)

Guy didnt have a spare but said he had something at home that would get me going,

Was back within 30 mins with a small piece of hard plastic pipe (heating type), cut the offending piece of hose out, put both ends on the plastic pipe, secured with 2 jubilee clips,

Said that will see me home and get it replaced when I'm home....

I got 2 years out of that repair :good:

In my experience I would recommend Green Flag

:shaun:

Company I work for do alot of work for RAC and many of the other car clubs, (the only exclusions I can think of being AA and Green Flag)

If an RAC patrol attends your vehicle and cant repair it For Whatever Reason and we are then called to recover/relay it, Our guys arent allowed to attempt any form of repair,

This has happened in the past on a number of occasions and lead to RAC Complaining that we made them look bad in the members eyes.

I`m with these http://www.motoringassist.com/breakdown/ on a joint policy that covers me and my Mrs regardless of vehicle on there top service. It covers everything from breakdown to running out of fuel to driver illness. Been with them for the last 5yrs after another bad AA experiance and although I`ve only used them once in that time its defo piece of mind especially as they cover motorbikes and punctures (my worst fear 100 miles from home on my bike with a flat tire)