Does anyone re-load American Eagle Ammo??

I know that several users of PW use and rate American Eagle Ammo - especially in view of the price.

Does anyone reload it? Are there any problems with it? The whole round costs little more than some once fired cases. I've heard that Lapua is the best (and possibly the dearest), and that Service Ammo is the toughest and thickest - but that in itself can cause pressure problems. How does AE brass fare?

Badsworth

:good:

Is it federal cases

Jonno

Yes ,It is federal brass

I have been re-loading with this brass from the AE with good results but I have to say that there was a issue with pressing the new primors in with some of the batch as the pocket seemed a tad small ..............Look close and you'll see :good:

post-1945-1168376255.jpg

Those with the primers sticking out may not allow the bolt to close and I feel are dangerous. :good:

Invest in a primer pocket tool and clean out the pockets prior to seating the primers if they are that tight.

G.M.

Relax Graham ........They are in my black museum and never to be used .Yes I did use the primer pocket tool and even the deburring tool to create a leading edge :lol:

Relax Graham ........They are in my black museum and never to be used .Yes I did use the primer pocket tool and even the deburring tool to create a leading edge :P

The pockets aint small Ive.....you're just Ham fisted :lol:

You wanna see them up close......made me cringe i can tell ya :good:

• 1 month later...

As a bit of an update to this thread, I have just started reloading some AE cases in .223, and they do need an extra step (in some cases)

My mate put me onto it, but if you find it is hard to press the new primer in, don't force it, just get 4.5mm drill and take out about .5mm to 1mm of the pocket (depth I am talking about) and the primer will then go in fine and seat perfectly.

I got new drill bit to do this, and had the drill held in a workmate.

It grabbed the case out of my hand when I first tried it - but now the drill bit isn't quite so new it works OK.

I must stress they just need a touch out of the end just to remove the lip that is there, nothing more.

Give it a go and see how you get on.

If the drill does grab the case though, let it go - don't be hero, it will hurt!

I also found I needed to do this on some premium Federal cases as well, but no where near as many as the AE's.