My Homebuild...

Drongo

Ok, so following evo's thread here and on NV forums, I've got most of the bits needed for my build...

Problem now is getting my camera to fill the screen....?

Get a lovely picture from the camera, which is clear as a bell on the LCD screen, only it's about an inch in diameter, not filling the screen....

Camera is a KPC-S190SWX (3.7mm 1/3" Mono 420TVL)

What am I doing wrong...?

Edited by Drongo

12mm will fill if out but not fully.I use 16mm as I like to fill the screen, its down to personal preference.When you order your camera you can pick an option for lens most have an option for 12mm which is perfect.But it will come with the standard 3.7 lens you have if you dont choose the 12mm.

MAKE SURE ITS F2 I THINK OR IS IT 2F.

Edited by Davyo

go on fleabay and enter 16mm board camera lens,

make sure you get the m12x0.5mm thread

that will fit your s190 camera perfect , it will also fill the screen fully , a 12 mm lens will have the corners cut off on your screen so you will be better to get a 16mm

hope this helps

atb Evo

go on fleabay and enter 16mm board camera lens,

make sure you get the m12x0.5mm thread

that will fit your s190 camera perfect , it will also fill the screen fully , a 12 mm lens will have the corners cut off on your screen so you will be better to get a 16mm

hope this helps

atb Evo

looking at your video you are using the standard lens that comes with the camera, be careful when you take the little grub screw out so as not to loose it

I could be wrong but I think he means the entire screen is not being used to display the image because of the blank bits either end of the widescreen.

I have a screen that does that - and an identical looking one that occupies the full screen, both with watec 902h cameras..

The cam will be fine once he sticks 16mm lens on.All relies on the ir.Also what gun he is sticking it on.That cam combined with a decent IR will be ok for rimmy and more than enough for air.To save wasting monies its advisable to PM evo.Thats what I did and got a brilliant NV first time,only diff is I used the EJ230 and use NM800 iR(only because I already had the NM it was just a case of ordering the IR pill).If he looks on evos thread he wont waste a penny on mucking about.Plus evo's mates can sort him out with capable IR.

Edited by Davyo

The cam is a s190swx as recommended by Evo. With a soon to be 16mm lens gifted by Davyo (thanks)

Illuminator is a 501b with a DX aspheric and one of Dave-G's pills in it that I'd bought for my Yukon(I also have a NM800 if that's not enough I can order the IR pill, but I'm trying to keep it light so sticking with 501b at the minute)

Scope is a Nikon 3-9 x 40 ERF (yea, I know 40mm may be a bit small, but it's all I've got at the minute. Also not sure about IR filters/coatings on scope but I'll find out soon)

Screen is an eBay 290923525907 as recommended by Evo on his original Evo20 thread.

Rifle is a Browning T-Bolt in .22LR so don't need anything past 100m range really...

Edited by Drongo

• 2 weeks later...