whats the difference

kipper

A rimfire is a type of firearm cartridge. It is called a rimfire because, instead of the firing pin striking the primer cap at the center of the base of the cartridge to ignite it (as in a centerfire cartridge), the pin strikes the base's rim. The rimfire cartridge is essentially an extended and widened percussion cap which contains not only the priming compound, but also the propellant powder and the projectile (bullet). Once the cartridge has been struck and discharged it cannot be reloaded, as the head is deformed by the firing pin impact.

Taken from here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rimfire

i expect the reason you ask is that your certificate states you make have 1x .22 rimfire

if it states .22 rimfire then you may have .22lr or .22mag

however if it states .22lr then you may only have .22lr

dn,

I have not got a firearms cert yet. I have just finished filling the aplication form out and got all the bits and pieces to go with it. so I will post it tomorrow.

I was reading an old topic and came across some coments regarding rim fire amd the term lr whitch i did not understand.

thanks to all of you it is clear now.

Thank's again

Kipper :look: