.204 ruger

I use Forster die's, they are more expensive than some but after previously useing Lee and Reading die'son my first .204 i would gladly give the extra and now wouldnt go back.

Run of the mill Winchester brass 8 times reloaded and still not lost a case with these die's, superb!

cheers Maxi

Cheers thought it was the same holder as 223etc,,just wanted to check thanks

No probs if in doubt look for the parent case. Try hornady dies if you carnt afford Forster I'm told ther very good for the cost.

I just bought some in 222 :)

Edited by Amazed

Winchester or remingtom brass but having said that i do have some hornady brass and that has done ok. As for dies i am using lee dies which do the job very well for me but like Mr Amazed said have a word with Fister he should be able to get you what you need

I main use hornady brass and just neck size with the lee neck sizing die which works very well and am on the 6/7 time through them and starting to get split necks, do you guys reckon that annealing would help this this.

I main use hornady brass and just neck size with the lee neck sizing die which works very well and am on the 6/7 time through them and starting to get split necks, do you guys reckon that annealing would help this this.

Better brass is a good idea, next to that don't over size the neck just come say 1/2 way down it and try a bushing die with just enough to grip. Std neck dies close the brass up a little too much. annealing will help but the proper gear costs more than chucking the brass, badly done its just rubbish as each piece gets a different amount of treatment

About 5 reloads is about it for my brass in the 204 or you get to many little problems. I full length on the 204 every other time cos i find that if i kneck size twice i have problems chambering rounds

Better brass is a good idea, next to that don't over size the neck just come say 1/2 way down it and try a bushing die with just enough to grip. Std neck dies close the brass up a little too much. annealing will help but the proper gear costs more than chucking the brass, badly done its just rubbish as each piece gets a different amount of treatment

Agreed, but if your somewhere near competent with hand tools a simple blowtorch and battery drill with twistlock chuck are very effective for annealing your brass

About 5 reloads is about it for my brass in the 204 or you get to many little problems. I full length on the 204 every other time cos i find that if i kneck size twice i have problems chambering rounds

I used to anneal after every firing believing the consistancey would assist accuracy, now after trial and error I find the .204 requires annealing after 3 firings as seating resistance starts to increase (Winchester brass)