Trail cameras, advice please

fieldwanderer

I've been thinking about getting a trail cam' for a while now as I feel it would be a useful tool to have but, to be honest, I haven't really got a clue what all the specs etc mean :blush:

I came to the conclusion that it doesn't need to be anything super fancy for what I want it for; as long as I can tell what I'm looking at and what time it visits (particularly charlie). So, I set myself a budget of £100 and had a quick look online - there's plenty about for that sort of price but I found if I spent a little more £115ish I can get what looks to be a servicable (but a bit "cheap") camera that will send photo's to my phone or email, I like the idea; if some scumbag pinches it, I'll have a photo of them (woe betide :devil: ). BUT, I'm concerned about buying something that's cheaply made :/ obviously, for something that'll be left unattended in the middle of nowhere, I'd rather keep the cost down.

Here's the one I have in mind: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161177087159?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Any opinions or advice please?

I also no not a lot about them, but one thing that I see on the specs of your one is it has a trigger time of 1.1 seconds. If a fox was going at a trot I bet they could cover a fair bit of ground in a second and a bit. This might be the norm for them, I am sure someone will be along and fill in the blanks.

I am sure someone on here sells trail cams but I can't remember who.

Hawke now do a trail cam which we have in stock, £129.95.

Can't remember full spec but I have one on test as we speak (out in the garden!) will create a post later.

Basically 5 mp with a single pic or 3 pic or video option, timer for on or off, can set the time between it being triggered, has infra red and time lapse setting.

I've never used one before so will be interested to how simple it all is too work, simple enough to set up though.

Acorn Ltl will do the trick for what you are asking for. The trigger time can be affected by colder weather but the Acorn unit has two side PIRs that will trigger the unit and it will be up and running by the time quarry is in view of lens. We are now using an updated model that uses MMS and you can remotely see images - all this for 100 to 130 notes depending on spec.