CZ rimfires

dazza

Im finally going to apply for a rimfire, Went to the gunshop today and he showed me a CZ .22. Not sure of the actual model as I only called in for five minutes before work. Are CZ's any good?. Its was a brand new setup including moderator, sling, scope (Nikko Stirling?), He was looking for £400. Any views appreciated :lol:

cz should be a good gun,i too am going to take the leap apparently its easy to get one on at the moment,i looked at a cz varmint with short heavy barrel 290 straight.don t know that nk would be a good scope i have one on a 12 ft lbs air rifle not my best scope by any means.i would buy rifle straight and buy your odds and ends off ebay etc. are you going 22 or 17.i think i ll go down the semi route myself going looking in the morning

Cant go wrong with CZ...... doh, did I just say that? :lol:

I was bullied into buying a CZ, as they are ''the best'' this put me off buying one as I wanted something different. A number of owners here swear by them. Im not to keen on the trigger guard/trigger itself, however dont be fooled, its a very good trigger, comfy and about the right pull.

If its the varmint, be sure the barrel is correctly free floating as this can cause minor grouping problems.

CZ are the best value for money gun out there at the moment i know over here you'd have to pay double the price of one to be getting the same quaility in any other brand.

You didnt say what calibre?

As for the trigger out of the box it can be a bit heavy and to much creep but thats easily fixed with a brookie kit (£12). As for the trigger guard it aint pretty but it aint ugly you can get special ones made for cz's (r + d) or something but the CZ is a hunting rifle and it does that job brilliantly for a very reasonable sum.

got my gun from Dowlings Field Sports Bucks, they sold me a CZ American bellow list price, it pays to let them no who they are in compotition with in price.

He sold me:(Gun, sling, harris Bi-Pod, 2 boxes of ammo PMC Mod ans some remmys,Mod and a scope( Hawke Nite-Eye illuminated ret 6-24x42)

And he even threw in a free trigger job after my first 200 rounds of ammo, this was my first 22LR and has served me in good stead in fendng of the evil bunny hordes.

All that was included in the price around the £400 mark I think

cz should be a good gun,i too am going to take the leap apparently its easy to get one on at the moment,i looked at a cz varmint with short heavy barrel 290 straight.don t know that nk would be a good scope i have one on a 12 ft lbs air rifle not my best scope by any means.i would buy rifle straight and buy your odds and ends off ebay etc. are you going 22 or 17.i think i ll go down the semi route myself going looking in the morning

Its a .22 bolt action five shot magazine

Hi frank how close was that fox when you got it, fox's with a 22 are pretty risky at 30+ yards when I am not sure of a clean kill, so I never take them.

also were you using eley subs or winny subs

Hi steve,

It was a foggy morning on that particular occassion and the fox moreless walked straight at me, 5yds was the range and i was using and allways will, Winchester subs. :lol:

If you can place the shot in the brain from 60 yds and below confidently at a fox using this combanation, then its Ok as far as im concerned, BUT, practice on targets first, is important. :lol:

Frank.

forms filled in and sent should have it by the summer :lol:

GOOD MAN :P

The best of luck. :good:

Frank.

I have a CZ/BRNO and it was my dads before me(he gave up shooting and gave it to me :P ), i have shot a few different makes Sako, Anshultz,Ruger, and while these rifles were nice, i have stuck with the CZ, for the money it is a FAB rifle, and accurate(more accurate than me that's for sure) and now i have a higher mag scope fitted i love it even more.(my son shot a pigeon at 145yards with it last summer, and YES it was on the ground :good: ) You won't regret getting one :lol: