Heads up . Horse owners .

Harnser

Talking to a lady today who keeps horses on a paddock on one of the farms that I shoot on . A couple of days ago some scum bag cut the tails off 4 of her six horses . The horses were unharmed other than losing their tails . She thinks that the tails were taken to make rocking horse tails and manes . God ,there is some scum out there .

Harnser.

Don't you just hate people like Dougy who has a stainless steel spade rather than the more common steel one ;)

That is sad though. If there is any consolation, she still has her horses.

Thank you for your observation, I replaced my rifles for my garden tools some time ago. i really need to update my list as there have been a couple of updates.

My Mrs used to have 2 coloured's no only one, but they are allways the ones popular with the ******,

More bragging! ;)

I live not so far from Stow on the Wold and grew up watching all the horses being traded at Stow fair.

Such a shame there is so much money in the trade, someone always somewhere willing to pay and so the crimes take place. I can't see any respectable rocking horse maker though want to use real tails, new or old. Hair yes, not the whole tail?

We have horses too..false tails sell for around £100 each...people use them on there own horses if there showing and there own tails aren't up to much....weaved in like hair extensions.....

http://www.supremeproducts.co.uk/shop/products/False-Tail.html

Also rumours around here that it's pagan related..???

Edited by smig4373

Could be Pagan related... my mum went down to the yard one morning and found her mare's mane had been elaborately French-plaited. Upon closer inspection all of the mares on the yard had been plaited but none of the males.

Apparently horse hair has some significance in Pagan rituals. Weirdos.

Yes ,cut the tails off with scissors or shears of some kind . The owner and her daughter are distraught .

Harnser.

I think what 39tds meant is, they cut hair rather than injuring the horses' flesh? Edited by Munzy

Could be Pagan related... my mum went down to the yard one morning and found her mare's mane had been elaborately French-plaited. Upon closer inspection all of the mares on the yard had been plaited but none of the males.

Apparently horse hair has some significance in Pagan rituals. Weirdos.

I think what 39tds meant is, they cut hair rather than injuring the horses' flesh?

As stated 3 posts up..

The plaiting is a signal for someone else to steal a certain horse...ie that horse is chosen in the day time,then stolen at a later date...usually a girl does the plaiting so not to arouse suspsition,then collected later...

Edited by smig4373