Avon and Somerset Constabulary Firearms Dept

Bobba

My SGC expires early April and to avoid any possibility of complications I have downloaded the appropriate form and advice Docs from their website and started the process this week.

Today by post I received from the Avon and Somerset Licensing Bureau Manager a very instructive and polite reminder that my my SGC would expire in three months time. The letter drew attention to changes in the renewal procedures: those procedures to be followed whether I wished to renew the SGC or not: a check list for either SGC or FAC or Joint renewal: a cautionary note that they would not be able to complete their enquiries for any application received less than three weeks before expiry; and what to do if that timescale could not be met.

At a time when I see numerous posts about unfortunate experiences elsewhere by some members on this forum, I say a big congratulations and thank you to Avon and Somerset for being ahead of the game and stepping up to the mark with their reminder and information system.

They use second class post so will probably be tomorrow or Saturday.

Durham told me it should be about 5 to 6 weeks for my sons coterminous application, that was about 8 weeks ago. As my FAC took just over 3 months (in 2011) I'm not expecting his any time soon! :(

Edited by phaedra1106