Old cartridges?

I recently bought a box of mixed cartridges from a seller on gumtree.

Most of the were Eley's but in amongst them was a full box of John Rigby paper cartridges .

Would there be anyone who could tell me if they are ok to use our would they interest a collector.

Thankyou

post-60377-0-22657100-1389654654_thumb.jpg

post-60377-0-16302200-1389654665_thumb.jpg

they look like a hull cartridge specially loaded for a gunmaker. does it say special smokeless on the head of them?

if so i would imagine they are nothing too special and special loads with gunmakers or shooting schools names etc where common at one time.

having said all that i am not a collector.just picked up bits of info over the years.

They are certainly are collectable and are too good to shoot, not worth a lot at present but keep them for a few years and will be tomorrows collectable, I have started collecting these type of full boxes as the older ones are now much harder to find but they still turn up now and again - thank goodness !!

They are certainly are collectable and are too good to shoot, not worth a lot at present but keep them for a few years and will be tomorrows collectable, I have started collecting these type of full boxes as the older ones are now much harder to find but they still turn up now and again - thank goodness !!

That is the issue, the age old question, do you collect or do you just save a few of everything because it may be worth a bit in a few years?

I guess a slab of Eley First may be worth a few bob in 100 years but........................... :good: