Any KWCA members on here??

ROY

Blimey spoiled for choice.

Rather than send pms ill ask a couple of questions here instead if thats ok.

1. How much of KWCA land is syndicated??

2. Have you used any of the other land other than foreshore?

3. Does the permit system work ok or have you ever had any issues with it?

Thats all i can think of at the mo but i am sure i will think of more.

Thanks Guys

Blimey spoiled for choice.

Rather than send pms ill ask a couple of questions here instead if thats ok.

1. How much of KWCA land is syndicated??

Thats all i can think of at the mo but i am sure i will think of more.

Thanks Guys

1. Not much and none of it is foreshore.

2. No, only do foreshore fowling.

3. Permit system works well, many areas you can issue yourself a permit online and print it off at home. Some areas are monthly permits, smaller marshes are daily.

A small section of salting (10 acres?) and grassland behind the sea wall at Barling, just north of Southend on Sea. A good little marsh that holds good numbers of teal. I believe Kent have only just purchased the grassland, so may do a lot of habitat restoration work. I shot it for four seasons before Kent acquired.

I believe that they also have a tie in with Leigh on Sea Wildfowlers too, but don't know the extent of what is involved.

Tell you what, while we're on the subject, how much land do they have in Essex please (roughly)?

Edited by Penelope

1. How much of KWCA land is syndicated?

Not a lot, but it's there if you want to pay extra. All the bags are published, so you can gauge what's on offer and numbers are limited.

I've been a few times to the Upware site in Cambridgeshire Fens, a wash on the banks of the Cam. I've also been a number of times as a guest of LOSWA on Potton Island, Essex. You can climb over the sea wall and shoot the saltings or shoot the drain systems, but I've had fun on the splashes that appear on the grazing land. They also have a lot of air rifle only woodland sites.

I've had problems in the past, but the online permit system works brilliantly and they are expanding it. I've learnt to be a bit more organised now, especially as 1st Sept approaches and it works fine for me.

Tell you what, while we're on the subject, how much land do they have in Essex please (roughly)?

There is also 500+ acres of arable farmland at Hyde Hall near Rettendon Essex. It is a bit open prairie with very little hedgerow, but I've had some fun shooting over peas there. There is a chance of a game bird there too.

The club just purchased an inland marsh/grassland adjoining the 20 acre saltings they already own at Barling. I'm going on Friday, but I'm told by those in the know that it's still one for the future, but looks promising.

It has the potential to be very good if Kent dig flashes, etc and turn it back to fresh marsh, it was used as a clay ground and runway for micro lights and a small fixed wing. There used to be a good flight of mallard from the farm opposite, when they had the game shoot on there. We used to line out along the base of the wall from where it turns in along the narrow bit of salting and the duck came from a small pond on the other side of the creek.

1. How much of KWCA land is syndicated?

Not a lot, but it's there if you want to pay extra. All the bags are published, so you can gauge what's on offer and numbers are limited.

I've been a few times to the Upware site in Cambridgeshire Fens, a wash on the banks of the Cam. I've also been a number of times as a guest of LOSWA on Potton Island, Essex. You can climb over the sea wall and shoot the saltings or shoot the drain systems, but I've had fun on the splashes that appear on the grazing land. They also have a lot of air rifle only woodland sites.

I've had problems in the past, but the online permit system works brilliantly and they are expanding it. I've learnt to be a bit more organised now, especially as 1st Sept approaches and it works fine for me.

There is also 500+ acres of arable farmland at Hyde Hall near Rettendon Essex. It is a bit open prairie with very little hedgerow, but I've had some fun shooting over peas there. There is a chance of a game bird there too.

The club just purchased an inland marsh/grassland adjoining the 20 acre saltings they already own at Barling. I'm going on Friday, but I'm told by those in the know that it's still one for the future, but looks promising.

Edited by Penelope

Actually, I think it is the parcel of land north of that field and used to be a gravel pit. The airstrip and clay ground is still there, but not sure if it is still used. They are planning a lot of works in the close season.

I'd heard that the shoot opposite the creek had closed or changed hands, but yes lots of mallard about last season. I was never lucky enough to be on Barling when they shot the ponds opposite. I had a tip off once and waited all day on the marsh, but they didn't shoot it.

I've not shot from that spot on the smaller salting, nor seen anyone else. But I did see a couple on bikes dismount on that bend and get down behind the upturned boats one balmy September evening. I hope he had insect repellant liberally applied to his bare ****. The mosquitoes were gnoshing hard that evening. As was she, if I recall......

Could you be tempted to join KWCA?

I am already an assosciate member but money is tight at the moment, hopefully i will have the spare cash soon but wanted to be sure that i didnt have to spend more joining a syndicate after paying out to become a full member. The website doesn't really make it very clear to a simple soul such as myself.

Thanks again guys you have helped me make up my mind! Now just need some wonga!!!

I am already an assosciate member but money is tight at the moment, hopefully i will have the spare cash soon but wanted to be sure that i didnt have to spend more joining a syndicate after paying out to become a full member. The website doesn't really make it very clear to a simple soul such as myself.

Thanks again guys you have helped me make up my mind! Now just need some wonga!!!

Roy,

There is an optional facility to pay membership fee in installments if paying it in one lump is a bit much.

pob - my wildfowling has been severely limited due no longer having a dog capable of marsh work, so it's unlikely that I will be joining any club, but if I do, it will be the Blackwater WA.

Actually, I think it is the parcel of land north of that field and used to be a gravel pit. The airstrip and clay ground is still there, but not sure if it is still used. They are planning a lot of works in the close season.

I'd heard that the shoot opposite the creek had closed or changed hands, but yes lots of mallard about last season. I was never lucky enough to be on Barling when they shot the ponds opposite. I had a tip off once and waited all day on the marsh, but they didn't shoot it.

I've not shot from that spot on the smaller salting, nor seen anyone else. But I did see a couple on bikes dismount on that bend and get down behind the upturned boats one balmy September evening. I hope he had insect repellant liberally applied to his bare ****. The mosquitoes were gnoshing hard that evening. As was she, if I recall......

Could you be tempted to join KWCA?