remote control motorised flapper

johnny

I have got hold of a motorised flapper I want to try and make it remote controled so it do'esnt flap all the time, I don't want a timer on it I want to be able to turn it on and off when I need to. I could run a lead back to the hide but don't really want to unless I have to. Anyone got any ideas on how and where to get the bits.

cheers

John

tried my new flapper today it works well I think I used a long cable from the hide which is not ideal but if I can't make it remote it will have to do. I have thought about something like a central locking remote or car alarm. any one know if this may work.

cheers

John

• 5 weeks later...

Will I'm not having you pimp your products on here. You had the opportunity to sponsor the site, you chose not to. In addition to that, I find it amazing that you have the audacity to come on here preaching about yourself and your products when pigeonwatch does not even get a mention on your webpage.

Will I'm not having you pimp your products on here. You had the opportunity to sponsor the site, you chose not to. In addition to that, I find it amazing that you have the audacity to come on here preaching about yourself and your products when pigeonwatch does not even get a mention on your webpage.

Several of us offered to be sponsors but were ignored!

Will I'm not having you pimp your products on here.  You had the opportunity to sponsor the site, you chose not to.  In addition to that, I find it amazing that you have the audacity to come on here preaching about yourself and your products when pigeonwatch does not even get a mention on your webpage.

Several of us offered to be sponsors but were ignored!

Actually rjimmer is correct. I offered to sponsor the site. This is the PM response that was sent back from Donald Duck or Teal or whatever his name is.......

Personal Message

Teal Re:Banner, Nov 29 2003, 06:53 PM    

Group: Admin

Hi Will, sorry but you're too late. For your info the cost price was £100 / year for banner advert on forum and link on links page.

William

Please can you send me your advertising pricing plan for a banner advert on Pigeonwatch.

Regards,

Will Beasley

So there you have it. I didn't "choose not to" sponsor this site. I was "too late" according to the site owner. I'd have paid you a couple of grand for that big banner for a year but you let it go to decoying for a hundred quid. Well, your loss.

Remember when you were struggling to fund the site and you posted that you were going to have to sell the site? Remember when I PM'ed you about buying the site but you ignored my messages. For someone in your position who's supposed to a level headed, responsible and unopinionated person you're doing a very good job of making yourself look like a complete moron and a LIAR.

I simply posted the info on our new remote control because I said I'd report back when the item was in production. The thread starter "jonny" wanted a remote control for his flapper and NO OTHER COMPANY in the UK can supply one, I now can. And our Remote control kicks *** too.

Anyway, I'm not wasting any more time this morning on this amoeba cos there's pigeons to be shot. Have a nice day.

:<  :<  :< WHATS UP WILL GOT THE HUMP!!! :<

No ****..... sherlock.

Seems a shame that in a section of the forum called "new pigeon shooting gear" that information on "new pigeon shooting gear" is not allowed to be posted. Seems like profit is a dirty word round these parts.

So if anyone wants the information on the remote control that I "pimp" then please send a private message and I'll send you the details by return.

ta lovies,

Will

You know as we all do that Free advertising is a thing of the past oin this forum

There was nothing stopping you sending a PM to the interested persons

HH,

OK perhaps I should have sent a PM to the interested person/s BUT here's another scenario for you.

Lets say the person I sent the information via PM on the new remote control felt that he'd like to share the information (that I sent him privately) by posting the information in the new gear section of the forum... after all it is a section on "new pigeon shooting gear". Would that have got the same reaction?? Would that have contraveined the advertsing rules?? If the answer to either of those two questions is yes then what is the point in having a section for new gear and not being able to talk about it!