Got my ticket and CZ455!

gibspoon

Patience is a virtue after all! Took just under 4 months, so not too bad from Cheshire.

Picked up an HMR thumbhole today, then went to zero it in. Really nice to fire a rifle again, because it's been a while. Don't miss the noise from the scattergun at all! I've never used HMR before, and expected it to be a bit louder, but with a whisper mod it's pretty damn quiet by my reckoning. The farmer said he never heard a thing, so bonus. After a bit of faffing about before getting lead on paper, I was clover leafing at about 100 yards, with the expected flyer taking the groups out to about an inch and a half. I am really impressed with the quality of CZ. Hopefully with a bit of practice I'll do it some justice.

Patience is a virtue after all! Took just under 4 months, so not too bad from Cheshire.

Picked up an HMR thumbhole today, then went to zero it in. Really nice to fire a rifle again, because it's been a while. Don't miss the noise from the scattergun at all! I've never used HMR before, and expected it to be a bit louder, but with a whisper mod it's pretty damn quiet by my reckoning. The farmer said he never heard a thing, so bonus. After a bit of faffing about before getting lead on paper, I was clover leafing at about 100 yards, with the expected flyer taking the groups out to about an inch and a half. I am really impressed with the quality of CZ. Hopefully with a bit of practice I'll do it some justice.

Cracking gun the 455 - had mine 2 years and can't fault it, especially for the money !

Enjoy.

Thanks for the advice, Underdog. I'll make sure the mod is left off. And I am a clean-freak with guns, so it will be looked after!Silverhawk, I went for the twenty inch barrel, just a personal preference. I wanted to keep the length, and use an over-barrel moderator.

Andy, I bought it from Cheshire Gun Room (half hour drive from me), but they got it through Edgar Brothers, which is a five minute drive down the road! I was lucky, because I got it for a promotional price. I really rate Cheshire Gun Room, helpful staff.

Went back out today with it, and found that it will be fed a staple diet of Hornady V-max. I zeroed at 100 yards, scientifically measured using my man-strides. EDIT- just done a bit of maths, the shots were taken at more like 80 yards.

post-58674-0-43551600-1391537766_thumb.jpg

Edited by gibspoon

17 hmr is fun bit of kit, use mine for pest control found that over about 80 yards the sound must be minimal, as rabbits don't seem to react so much shot 4 from a group twice at about this range, just because there are no flyers so accurate have fun.