Barrel or scope mounted torch?

Mentalmac

I utilise my Lenser P7 on my 22lr semi and my Beretta 301 12G.

In both cases I cable tie it to the underside of the barrel after I've put it in a piece of grey pipe insulating foam.

Doesn't move position and places the beam just where it needs to be.

I did buy the special clamp but found it was prone to moving around no matter how much it was tightened up, even after the slightest knock.

Edited by rogcal

Hi Colin, mounting on a HMR. Have had it scope mounted before but kept getting glare in my scope :-(.

I don't know if you have tried it but mounting the lamp as far back on the scope as you can sometimes helps eliminate glare. Have it as close to you as possible and it stops the barrel/mod glare.

If you have a floating barrel would the extra weight pull yor zero off?!

The way I shoot I doubt it it would matter too much but I still manage clean kills and that's what counts.

However, now that you've mentioned it I shall take the 22lr down to the range and clamp it in the special zeroing bench we have there and see how it shoots with and without the P7 cable tied to the barrel.

Will make for an interesting experiment as I can remember 45 years ago slipping a couple of fag papers under the floating barrel of my 22lr match rifle and seeing massive decline in it's accuracy but that rifle was a thoroughbred and my Gevarm is a mongrel which "throws" rounds in the general direction it's being aimed at!

I have hmr and .22lr cz varmints which have the 16inch heavy barrel, mount lamp underneath to avoid glare off mod, have tested zero with lamp on and off and it makes no difference but it may effect a std barrel.

My HMR is a stainless heavy varmint barrel too. Weighs a ton! So I'm doing to try a barrel mount this weekend and then if not work ill do scope mount :-)