flying pigeons

steve_k

:/

Even if you had the land with enough space this isn't just next to impossible its irresponsible and shows no respect to your quarry. Now I know you are not saying you have done this, but my guess is you know someone who claims to have ..

To kill a pigeon with an air rifle it needs to be a good shot, neck or head really - if someone was good enough to hit something the size of a pigeons head, which moved like a pigeons head, with an air rifle on a repeatable basis - well, lets just say such a person would probably be wasted giving air gunners a bad name by trying to shoot things on the wing :no:

:/

Even if you had the land with enough space this isn't just next to impossible its irresponsible and shows no respect to your quarry. Now I know you are not saying you have done this, but my guess is you know someone who claims to have ..

To kill a pigeon with an air rifle it needs to be a good shot, neck or head really - if someone was good enough to hit something the size of a pigeons head, which moved like a pigeons head, with an air rifle on a repeatable basis - well, lets just say such a person would probably be wasted giving air gunners a bad name by trying to shoot things on the wing :no:

no he has claimed on the how many pigeons shot count just look and see

what a numpty

kirky

I probably shouldn't have used that word, and I have made a lot of assumptions about you, probably rightly though.

If you can do this, like you claim to, then come on one of my shoots and do it on film, and I will apologise to you publicly and eat one of my hats for the viewing pleasure of all and sundry.

Then perhaps I can manage you round the show circuit as a trick shooter and make a fortune :/

i think you will find your self out numbered and laughed at mate lets just wait and see

kirky

ps how old are you anyway??

He's :-

Name: steve kellaway

Marital status: Single

Interested in: Friends,Dating

Hometown: dorchester

Humor: Raunchy

Fashion: Unique

Pets: Yes

According to his msn profile :/

I probably shouldn't have used that word, and I have made a lot of assumptions about you, probably rightly though.

If you can do this, like you claim to, then come on one of my shoots and do it on film, and I will apologise to you publicly and eat one of my hats for the viewing pleasure of all and sundry.

Then perhaps I can manage you round the show circuit as a trick shooter and make a fortune :/

i really wood love to show u

and if i could do it every time i wood be on shot believe me, but i only hit once every 20 or so shots.

if ur ever down in dorset come to my shoot and i will give u a good days shooting! even if it is a shed load of clays!

and thanks i have noticed that i need to update my msn profile.

I think its totally irresponsible and like I said shows no respect to your quarry.

Taking them on the ground, no problems. Taking them in trees, if you have the land and can be sure the shot is safe, fine as far as I am concerned (though some won't agree).

Taking them on the wing is the job of a shotgun, plain and simple.

When you shoot live quarry with an air weapon it is generally a good idea to make sure you can get the required accuracy by punching paper before you shoot anything with a face. Inch groups at your chosen distance I would say was acceptable. Only then can you be sure you will dispatch your chosen subject with the minimum of suffering.

Anyone who doesn't I reserve the right to call irresponsible. Anyone who lists "killing" as an interest and shoots pigeons on the wing with an air rifle doesn't seem to have much ground to stand on :/

i still aint feed up with u old ppl yet

so wat is the point of this stupid posting sesion?

it doesnt matter to me cos i kno that i can drop pigeon. wat u fellas think is up to you! but i think if you cant say anything nice please dont bother to say nething at all.

wood you say the things to me if i was sum1 you knew?? i seriously dont think so!

im not old im 37 thats not that old anyway dont be an ******* and dig your heels in we know the score in this forum people in here havent had the wool pulled totaly over there eyes in here yet young un

kirky

Edited by henry d

Sorry Kirky, I would like to apologise on behalf of the decent proportion of the youth generation! Unfortunately I am a young un', the reason I say unfortunately is moron's like this make me be ashamed to be 19!

I am not being funny but 1 in 20, so really you have no clue whether these shots are hitting the head, body, wing tail feathers... just pointing and hoping! Now if someone is having a 5% hit rate then they should not shoot anything other than tin cans and paper targets! If you cant be sure what you shoot is going to die in a quick and painless manor then dont shoot at it. My .22 could go out to 35ish yards prob but i cant group beyond 25 sufficently tight so guess what..... my shots dont go beyond 25 yds!

In fact I am surprised you still have permission to shoot which is unfortunate as many more responsible individuals cant find land. In all I very much doubt you will find ANY support on this matter and if you do then they are being moronic too.

Do you understand how are sport is under threat from antis? How do you believe this kind of behaviour will help our cause? It somewhat dampens are arguement of being responsible stewards of the countryside, that ensure everything that comes into our crosshairs meet a painless end.

just leave it fella

i think that you have just made you self look an ****

and as for the abusive pm.... dont bother it is pointless

ok im sorry you keep shooting them pigeons in the air with your air rifle

and we will keep laughing at you life is good and yes my dog still loves me :/:no::lol::lol:

kirky :lol: