help offered

17hmr

lo there everybody just moved to bham b32 area willing to travel and was wondering if anybody needs help with foxes rabbits crows pigeons or lamping etc im 52 years young got 17hmr .22 rimfire and shotgun and a open firearms ticket looking for permission to shoot day or night can get 650 acres pigeon shooting for free also got other land permission but I want someone trustworthy before I get them permission as had a mate who threw his dummy out of his pram when I was offered extra land and he didn't and we fell out and he bad mouthed me and lost me a lot of land so I am weary now I always get permission in writing before I enter land for safety and always carry csa insurance willing to tag along a few times if need to any help would be grateful thanks in advance to everybody

the way it sounds is not what I want but anyone with firearms shotgun air rifle etc should knows if you go on land without permission it is armed trespass up to 10 years without passing go so I like it signed in my name just for protection it can be arranged with land owner that I cannot go on there land without whoever or only certain times getting permission signed is something I always do and always have done for over 20 years even if its only with a air rifle if police turn up for any reason you can show you got permission and they go away if you cannot prove you get arrested while they sort it out guns taken off you etc getting the land signed is something everybody should do that way no one can say anything sorry if people think it read wrong that was not my intention as I say arrangements can be made to protect whoever has permission

Edited by 17hmr

that's why I don't take the chance plus it ruins your shooting while they sort it out if its in the middle of the night the landowner isn't going to be very happy being woke up and might just stop you shooting so preventions better than cure that's the way I think anyway others might think otherwise

I have taken the best part of 20 members out of here ne er once has one asked for written permission from my farmer and the day one does will be the last time he shoots with me

Colin

I fully understand your comments Colin, none of the chaps that I have taken out on my permissions have ever requested this sort of thing and it would ring alarm bells if they did! :good:

have you ever had police turn up and has anyone been arrested while they was with you if not you have been lucky I just think its a lot safer as I said if anyone takes me they can make any arrangements they want so I can only go on there land with them or when they say so nights day weekends etc round here they confiscate guns and hold you until they can prove you've got permission I had it once never again. 12 people arrested guns took held in cells now I carry proof with me of all land fac shotgun insurance etc just for safety. I think everybody should. saves police time everybody I know works the same but different people have different ideas if people think covering my back is wrong then im sorry

don't apologise i see you are trying to be safe but to ask someone to give you written permission on their land i feel is a bit much,

if someone comes with me and they have a fac sgc and i have permission to shoot on land then that is good enough,

as for what you are saying about the police that sounds a bit much as any police i have seen have been more than happy with things and have not ever needed to phone the farmer,

i think a lot of what you hear is people who are rood to the police or not knowing what and how to speak to them,

be polite be as helpful as you can and most police will be happy to let you on your way once they have checked you have a current fac/sgc

just my findings,

ps. if you ever down this way and want to come shooting you would be more than welcome but you wont get it in writing

colin

What would a bit of paper prove, anybody could have written it which is why the police will still speak to the land owner

too true the permission i shoot at work i had to wright my own permission slip out and the boss signed it though his signature is just a scribble what anyone could of done and i only asked for that to get my cf

colin

my land forms show my name and phone no. the farmers name and signature and phone no. the name of the land he owns and acres. what the land is passed for. the guns im allowed to take on land. and what im allowed to shoot. my csa insurance no. then if the farmer cannot be contacted for any reason at the time everything is in writing and anybody that comes with me gets the same form signed in there name that's the way ive always done it and always will. firearms are not easy to get so protecting myself and my firearms are important to me how other people work is up to them

IMO these forms mean nothing, a decent copper would follow up whether you had one or not.

I stopped two horse riders on our land who, when challenged, said David, the principle land owner and my father in law, gave them permission the weekend before.

They struggled for an answer when I told them he had been dead for two years, pair of *****.

I think I can see what your trying to say 17hmr. I've got permission but its from my partners grandparents so slightly different and more of a house with 17 acres. Id never take anyone up there.

If you insist on written confirmation could you not write that its for that date and that date only. I think people are scared your going to poach peoples permission and I know how hard some people work to get it.

If it has a date on for that date only its not like your being given permission to shoot there whenever you want.

End of the day though I suppose you must respect the person who has the permission and their wishes. If they want it done their way you have no choice but to agree if you'd like to shoot their land.

ATB Matt

well I will always carry my land forms with me night or day and whoever comes with me will have the same form signed that's the way I work always have always will

written consent is better than oh joe blogs said I can come on here

That is all your written consent is unless it is followed up by a call to the farmer to confirm this. Anyone can write a form like you have but it doesn't prove the land owner wrote it or gave you permission.

if someone lets me on there land as long as the landowner says I can go on for just one day week month that's it I always get people signed up with the landowner on condition they only go with me or on any day me and landowner agree I have lost a lot of land by doing this but I don't tar everybody with the same brush I don't want to steal anybody land never have never will it is hard to get and easy to lose so whatever conditions anybody wants to lay down thats up to them 1 day night hour etc its there land and I will abide by there rules that's why I did put help offered

I understand other people work different if someone wants me to help 1 night 1 week only no probs put dates times etc on form. I always send a duplicate of my land to firearms dept so when I apply for fac they already know what land I got. I have lost a lot of land by signing people up to go on my land whenever they want but I don't tar everybody with the same brush I will never pinch anybodys land its hard to get and easy to lose as ive found out now they go on my land when me and landowner arrange only and if anybody wants to do the same no probs that's why I did put on heading ( help offered ) if everybody thinks im a thief and don't want any help or take me I will stick with my own land but I thought swopping land would make a change for all concerned

That is all your written consent is unless it is followed up by a call to the farmer to confirm this. Anyone can write a form like you have but it doesn't prove the land owner wrote it or gave you permission.

Yup +1

I'd expect any police person to contact me directly if they approached anyone on our land shooting, a form means nadder.

I understand other people work different if someone wants me to help 1 night 1 week only no probs put dates times etc on form. I always send a duplicate of my land to firearms dept so when I apply for fac they already know what land I got. I have lost a lot of land by signing people up to go on my land whenever they want but I don't tar everybody with the same brush I will never pinch anybodys land its hard to get and easy to lose as ive found out now they go on my land when me and landowner arrange only and if anybody wants to do the same no probs that's why I did put on heading ( help offered ) if everybody thinks im a thief and don't want any help or take me I will stick with my own land but I thought swopping land would make a change for all concerned

If someone offered you a swap, would you pay in kind and provide them written permission for all of the land you can shoot on too? Edited by kyska

kyska I think I have already said so many times that is the way I always work even though I have lost land in the past by doing that but now it will be either with me or when me and the landowner agrees and I would expect the same back no more if I go on your land and your landowner says he didn't know I was there its armed trespass