batteries for ear defenders

martindd

I have a pair of peltor ear defenders and use rechargeable batteries in them but find the batteries don't seem to last long.

I don't know whether the batteries are dud,or the fact rechargeables are only 1.2v (rather than normal 1.5)

Which batteries do you guys use?

Thanks Martin

What kind of rechargeable batteries? Regular Ni-Mh rechargeables will discharge themselves slowly even if not in use. Get some good quality low-self-discharge rechargeables like the high capacity black Sanyo Eneloop XX's. I get most of my batteries from this place:

http://www.componentshop.co.uk/sanyo-eneloop-xx-2500mah-instant-rechargeable-pk-4.html

Having a quality charger helps too.

Edited by aris

I use a noise cancelling headset for work, sometimes for 8 hours a day. They use 2AA batteries. Rechargables have to be the best you can buy. Off the top of my head I think they are 2400ma. They last 20 hours. Duracell alkaline or what ever they call them this week, last 40 hours then are chucked. Rechargeable tend to 'fold' at the end of life. Alkaline fades slowly. Frequent use recharge , occasional use alkaline

Remembering to recharge is also an issue for me so I take dura cells with me :-)

In my shooting headset I use aaa dura cells :-)

Neill