Help required with the chokes for my Lanber

NinjaPower

Hi all...

First post ever on this forum so go easy on me!

I have just started clay shooting, and have bought a 2004 Lanber Sporting, which came with a selection of chokes.

The marks were quite vague on the chokes, and one (possibly two) didn't seem to have any marks on them.

So I measured the inside bore of the chokes to try to arrange them into some kind or order as per the below photo.

As you can see, I have written the inside bore in MM, plus what I *THINK* the choke rating is, plus what notches I can make out on the chokes.

So, 2 questions:

Have I got my labelling of chokes correct (1/4, 1/2 etc) following my measurements and reading of notches?

What chokes should I be using as a clay beginner to help get me started? I have had a couple of lessons but now need to practice on my own.

Thanks! :good:

12757582934_def6b3b51c_b.jpg

12757259083_cb4dd66595_b.jpg

If that's the markings on the chokes I would say you have the right order and I would imagine that most clay grounds 1/4 and 1/2 choke will do the job for sporting. Open chokes for skeet. If you go any tighter on sporting in the beginning you have a smaller pattern on the close targets (pattern hasn't spread as much) so it may be harder to hit especially as you are starting out.

But I'm sure there are others out there that have more idea of it all than me.