Cutting cases to length

Thanks for that. I'll double check later. I noticed the adjuster on it, and I too, would like to trim the case to it's shortest length. What cases are you trimming?

Thanks for that. I'll double check later. I noticed the adjuster on it, and I too, would like to trim the case to it's shortest length. What cases are you trimming?

They're Remington brass in .223.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take the ball out of the cutter, only needs to be there for big magnum size cases. On the smaller cases it will just try to cut the chaffer and not length.

Wind the black adjuster anti clockwise.

Make sure case is sized, neck is fine.

Turn the handle clock wise and then offer up the case, two turns and mine are done, if you find the tip is flat with very little chaffer the give it a little more.

All above is for the deluxe cutter.

Take the ball out of the cutter, only needs to be there for big magnum size cases. On the smaller cases it will just try to cut the chaffer and not length.

Wind the black adjuster anti clockwise.

Make sure case is sized, neck is fine.

Turn the handle clock wise and then offer up the case, two turns and mine are done, if you find the tip is flat with very little chaffer the give it a little more.

All above is for the deluxe cutter.

Thanks for the advice. I only tried it once, and did'nt really look at the instructions. I'll give it a go on the weekend. :good: