Cutting cases to length

You should know better that to phone before hours, Mr happy dosent come in till 9pm. but then why answer the phone if not open, the mind puzzles.

Hope you didnt say about the £12.95 as i was going to take the die back. but then no real need as Lee sent a new one yesterday.

All my dies had machining swarf inside but no extra balls.lol must be a male thing. I did clean the die first and then a light oil on out side and Teflon on inside, plus a bit of case lube on the o'rings.

Roger only had 2 locking rings on the shelf at the time so need to get one more. i like the horney ones but then the die doesnt fit back in the case.

Did you take out the 8mm ball from the cutter?

Yea, I wanted to say, "Well don't answer the ******* phone then! But I wanted that last cutter!! :lol:

No I never mentioned the £12.95 Activeiii, Fair play to anyone who gets a few quid off something Roger sells!!

I've not removed the "8mm ball", what's the issue with it?

As for Lee scales, I spent more time adjusting them than using them, so just bought a set of RCBS 505's. Job done!

As for the locking rings, I like the Hornady to, but didn't go with them for the same reasons as you.

I buy my locking rings from an engineering type bloke off Fleabay. I've had 3 lots of 3 over time and they're spot on and a lot cheaper than any other branded items. I can find you the link if you'd like Activeiii?

Phaedra1106, I've had at least 4 rifles from Roger, had one screw-cut, and had no problems, (So far...) That's not to say I won't though I suppose. I've taken several items back that I thought were "****" and they were exchanged with no fuss, saying that I dealt with the employees not Roger....

atb

Jamie

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes please to the link.

Remove the ball lightens the chamfer cutters as they can still trim the length down, I think its on the instutions or on their website.

Only problem about getting a few pound off from their mistake can get you band from the shop. I'm already banned from country pusuits in Gloucester because of an old blood winding up the owner and the owner believing. Nothing lost though, better places have been found..lol

I will order some of the rings if you would be so kind to send the link please

Atb

Phil

Yea, I wanted to say, "Well don't answer the ******* phone then! But I wanted that last cutter!! :lol:

No I never mentioned the £12.95 Activeiii, Fair play to anyone who gets a few quid off something Roger sells!!

As for Lee scales, I spent more time adjusting them than using them, so just bought a set of RCBS 505's. Job done!

As for the locking rings, I like the Hornady to, but didn't go with them for the same reasons as you.

I buy my locking rings from an engineering type bloke off Fleabay. I've had 3 lots of 3 over time and they're spot on and a lot cheaper than any other branded items. I can find you the link if you'd like Activeiii?

Phaedra1106, I've had at least 4 rifles from Roger, had one screw-cut, and had no problems, (So far...) That's not to say I won't though I suppose. I've taken several items back that I thought were "****" and they were exchanged with no fuss, saying that I dealt with the employees not Roger....

atb

Jamie

atb

Jamie

Could you send me the link as well please?

I've just ordered the dies from Tim Hannam (243, 22-250. 22 Hornet) as he did'nt have the deluxe trimmer in stock. I then ordered the trimmer from Henry Krank. I know it cost me more (£22.50 inc £4.00 pp) but at least I'll have it soon. Also, if the dies are faulty, I know that Tim Hannam will replace them or refund my money.

The dies arrived this morning, so that's excellent service from Tim Hannam. Just waiting for the trimmer now.

Phil and Steve,

Seems the seller on fleabay has stopped trading. I've emailed him to ask if he still sells the rings. I'll update you, if and when he replies.

If you want his email, let me know and i'll pm it to you.

atb

Jamie

$10.51 (£6.45) for a pack of 3 including shipping to the UK from Titan Reloading http://www.titanreloading.com/reloading-die-accessories/lee-die-locking-ring-78-14-thread-pkg-of-3

There the standard locking rings, not what we are looking for. We are after the ones with a grub screw to lock the ring onto the die. I hate the Lee ones as you need to reset them every time you remove them. The hornady type ones you just swim into the press till they stop.

I think I will fire the lathe up and try making a few

There the standard locking rings, not what we are looking for. We are after the ones with a grub screw to lock the ring onto the die. I hate the Lee ones as you need to reset them every time you remove them. The hornady type ones you just swim into the press till they stop.

I think I will fire the lathe up and try making a few

Cheers for that. I did'nt realise.

Oops!, I don't use them as such, the only press I use interchangeable dies in is a Breech Lock cast one so the dies are set into the quick change bushing and left alone after that. My other presses have turrets so the dies are set and left in place.

Edited by phaedra1106

Same as you folks, no reply. It's been several days now, so I think it's unlikely he'll reply now. But who knows??

atb

Jamie

I've just this minute had a reply by email off him. He said that he's been trying to get some rings for some time no luck so far. I asked him to keep me informed.

I've just this minute had a reply by email off him. He said that he's been trying to get some rings for some time no luck so far. I asked him to keep me informed.

Cheers Steve,

Yea, had the same reply.

I'm ok for now anyhow, so see what happens...

atb

Jamie

Just to add, I've used the Lee trimmer today for 20 rounds, all spot on the same size, well chuffed! :yes:

Edited by jam1e

Cheers Steve,

Yea, had the same reply.

I'm ok for now anyhow, so see what happens...

atb

Jamie

Just to add, I've used the Lee trimmer today for 20 rounds, all spot on the same size, well chuffed! :yes:

I tried the Lee trimmer the other day on some .243 cases, and all I got was a 'clunking' and nothing sound, and nothing removed from the case. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong.

Silly question but have you measured the cases?, they may not need trimming :)

The cases, after decapping and cleaning, were tried in the rifle's chamber, and I could'nt close the bolt fully. I presumed that the cases were too long, and put them one side for trimming. I'll measure them later just to see if they are the correct length. :good:

The cases, after decapping and cleaning, were tried in the rifle's chamber, and I could'nt close the bolt fully. I presumed that the cases were too long, and put them one side for trimming. I'll measure them later just to see if they are the correct length. :good:

I can't check at the moment, but I'm sure the instructions state they have to be de-primed and sized before trimming.

I think there is adjustment by rotating the black plastic ring at the top of the cutter. one thou per click.

I trimmed mine down to the shortest of the cases, which was 1.747" and all were bang on.

Jamie

I can't check at the moment, but I'm sure the instructions state they have to be de-primed and sized before trimming.

I think there is adjustment by rotating the black plastic ring at the top of the cutter. one thou per click.

I trimmed mine down to the shortest of the cases, which was 1.747" and all were bang on.

Jamie

Thanks for that. I'll double check later. I noticed the adjuster on it, and I too, would like to trim the case to it's shortest length. What cases are you trimming?