Pigeon shooting for newbie

I'm offering 1 maybe 2 guys who are new to pigeon decoying a day next Wednesday 19th.

We will be shooting over fresh drilled spring barley or beans. all you need is gun carts and seat.

This is sharing a hide so we will provide all the kit,shotgun cert and insurance must be shown on the day.

We will be shooting in South Hertfordshire. Again this is for guys with no land of there own who are new to

decoying.

Pm me for more details.

Xplor

Just going to get confirmation, but seems at least one spot is filled.

If there are any other newbies who would like to take this opportunity to come out and share a hide for the day, please let us know.

Mark and I will be setting up in two hides with two newbies where we will be happy to run through all of the setting up, equipment, safety, hide building, decoy layout, dispatch etc. This will be an opportunity to ask as many quesions as you like in a live environment and hopefully have a good day.

Just to reiterate, this offer is for anyone who is either new to decoying pigeons or would like to get into it, rather than someone who just doesn't have birds on their permision!!

As usual, if you do apply and say you are coming, please don't let us down and waste someone elses chance from coming out.

Cos

If there are any other newbies who would like to take this opportunity to come out and share a hide for the day, please let us know.

Mark and I will be setting up in two hides with two newbies where we will be happy to run through all of the setting up, equipment, safety, hide building, decoy layout, dispatch etc. This will be an opportunity to ask as many quesions as you like in a live environment and hopefully have a good day.

Just to reiterate, this offer is for anyone who is either new to decoying pigeons or would like to get into it, rather than someone who just doesn't have birds on their permision!!

As usual, if you do apply and say you are coming, please don't let us down and waste someone elses chance from coming out.

Cos

I tip my hat to you guys for offering this opportunity to novices. This is something I would like to experience but I am too far away but well done anyway.

Cos

I've Pm'd Xplor about it as it would be great experience. I live in Norwich but quite happy to travel.

Craig

I've Pm'd Xplor about it as it would be great experience. I live in Norwich but quite happy to travel.

Craig

Thanks Craig

If you haven't already send Mark some details about yourself and any experience you have.

Obviously a shotgun cert and insurance is a must and I will speak to Mark about it and one of us will come back to you.

Cos

I had the pleasure along with timd999 of going out with Cos & Mark yesterday, 2 instantly likable guys who put in a lot of effort to ensure Tim & i had a good day.

I was paired up with Mark & having not done any live shooting previously was eager to learn as much as i could. Mark took his time & explained about picking the best spot to site the hide & also ensured i got stuck in with setting it up & laying down the decoy patterns.

We started shooting on bean crop stubble at the edge of rape crop, it wasn't long before the pigeon started appearing & i was able to get some shots off. I managed to take down 3 but must have missed a good few more, Mark being the gentleman that he is generally let me take most of the shots but would occasionally show me how it should be done!

One of the many highlights was watching a gutsy little sparrowhawk try to lift off with one of the dead decoy pigeons, eventually persuaded to leave with a few choice words!

We moved to another site we thought would be promising in the afternoon but despite there being plenty of birds about none were choosing to feed at that time so lived to fly another day.

Overall an excellent introduction to pigeon shooting by 2 truely altruistic gentlemen of the sport. My hat off to Mark & Cos for their time, effort & patience, hope to see you again some time lads.

If any other newbies out there are reading this and get a chance to go out with the guys, grab the opportunity while you can, you will not be disappointed.

please can i be concidered should this opportunity come up again in the future, i am new to PW and have very little decoying experience. have shot on clay grounds for a year or so and have been a handful of times on a friends permission with not too much luck. Would be really good to learn from experienced shooters