Woodcock Club

HAMMY

Well I decided to have a wander around one of my farms this morning with the Spaniel, had a great day and after shooting for 32years managed to bag a left and right at woodcock my first and probably last, what made it even more satisfying is the Spaniel managed to retrive the "left" forom a flast flowing river.

Had a really satisfying day shot 5 Pheasants and 3 woodcock, unfortunately only my girlfriend witnessed the left and right so I shall not be eligable for the "Club", she came along for the walk.

The other Woodcock was an absolute beaut of a shot, (sorry to brag) but it was just a very satisfying day. :P

Many of you guys on here done the left and right?:blush:?:blink:?:blink:?:good:?

Hammy

Well I decided to have a wander around one of my farms this morning with the Spaniel, had a great day and after shooting for 32years managed to bag a left and right at woodcock my first and probably last, what made it even more satisfying is the Spaniel managed to retrive the "left" forom a flast flowing river.

Had a really satisfying day shot 5 Pheasants and 3 woodcock, unfortunately only my girlfriend witnessed the left and right so I shall not be eligable for the "Club", she came along for the walk.

The other Woodcock was an absolute beaut of a shot, (sorry to brag) but it was just a very satisfying day. :P

Many of you guys on here done the left and right?:blink:?:blink:?:good:?:P?

Hammy

From what I have heard it is really quite a rare feat. Well done...3 woodcock round here in one day is a feat in itself, 3 including a left and right is amazing! :blush:

The other Woodcock was an absolute beaut of a shot, (sorry to brag) but it was just a very satisfying day. :good:

Many of you guys on here done the left and right?:lol:?:P?????:good:?

Hammy

A long time ago, about 22 in fact I managed a right and left on snipe in the morning and the same again with woodcock. Snipe not witnessed as the other guns were the other side of a stream and hedge but they all heard just the two shots and my shout of glee.......... :)

The woodcock were witnessed by 2 others. I still have the pin feathers from all 4 birds in a small bundle and I can clearly see each shot still.

We started the day looking for snip up the small valley the farm is based around. It was a very cold frosty morning, the stream had flooded a little but the splashes were half frozen. My springer was working out 15 yards to my front when the 2 snipe got up and jinked away to my right. I was using my 16bore with 7 shot, cant remember the other load details.

The wood cock were in a small cover of about an acre in size at the head of a steep valley, 3 guns always stoud in a half circle across the Valley with a gun half way up each side and 2 back guns. I was on the right hand side half way up the valley when the woodcock came away from the wood almost directly over me but again to my right.

Not a day I will ever forget, still have the same gun but my old springer died some time ago. He made 3 out of the 4 retrieves as well. Huge smile on my face for a long time after that!

Jerry

Never had one myself, but have seen three done, all walked up. I have had so many chances you would not belive it. I usually fluff the first shot then drop the second bird in good style. :good: Last year I did it opposite hit the first bird seen the other bird was on the other side of the hedge where my mate was and put the gun down. He then told me that he was waiting for me to shoot and I was waiting for him as the bird was on his side. Will get one one day I hope.

• 2 weeks later...