A few hours out this morning

Scully

Mates had gone to fell some trees on rough shoot but another landowner had asked if I would 'get rid' of one or two rabbits for her before her caravans got too busy, so off I went with a couple of ferrets and my newly acquired Beretta 682 Super Sport. Despite missing an easy left and right (both bolted within a second of each other and my indecision of which one to take first meant I missed them both !) it wasn't a bad morning. I didn't hit every one I shot at, but most kills were first barrel, which is satisfying,a nd as the tightest chokes I have for this gun are 1/2 and 1/2, then that's what I used. It was plenty.

Accounted for 9 on top and ferrets killed another three that I know of underground, one of which was so tiny that when one of the ferrets appeared at the mouth of the hole with it I at first thought it was a mouse; the smallest rabbit in fur I have ever seen.

Think I may have to have the stock altered on the gun; I was aware of it slapping my cheek. Not enough to hurt but enough to notice after a while.All O/U Berettas do this to me, which is one reason perhaps I've never been a devotee, but I like this gun too much to let it put me off; will have it altered.

ferretsandtreesinchurchyard017_zps716e86

Edited by Scully

Thanks both. I enjoy bolting bunnies fo the gun but dont get to do it as much as I would like nowadays. It's much easier if you've a dedicated ferret man to help, but if truth be known I think mate is a wee bit scared of them so was on my own.

Anyhow,I only have the two ferrets now so only one box to carry.

Enjoyed the morning so much I may get out again next weekend dependant on how warm it is.Another mate is supposed to be coming with me next time who doesn't miss much flying; we'll see how he handles things running.