Refurbishing Stock

hoggysreels

Just finished a refurb on my Greener GP, woodwork stripped Sanded and oiled with "trade secrets' Metal work stripped cleaned and hot oil re blued where not temper sensitive, don't think it's come out too bad, all in for £100 :)

IMG_0611_zps3bf0d72f.jpg

Whilst on the subject of refurbishing the stock. I think lm right in saying, from new the W&S .410 bolt action came without a stock butt pad of any description. I'd like to fit one. Where there any available as an optional extra to purchase when these gun were being manufactured?

A plastic/bakerlite type etc .. or are there ones from other webley guns that would fit, say off an air rifle for example .. cheers

i believe there were 3 models......2 1/2" standard no but plate.....2 1/2" deluxe model with chequering and but plate as option and a 3" model....i personanlly have never seen a but plate on a w&S 410...........

Think the Greener trap door is spanking...............most of the Greener were bough up and sold to the Indian police force

Edited by ditchman

• 1 month later...

Ive never used an oil based stain on any wood as iv`e always thought it would be a ****** to remove in the future

have a look at fiddies google um always used um and get a factory finish apply the tint first allow to dry then the grain filler and again allow to dry you can also like another member said then apply van dyke crystals which will make the wood black let this dry compleatly

then wipe it back with a damp rang to your desired finish.but i normaly stop at the grain filler stage then use zebo to exaggerate knots etc when im happy i apply a few coats of pu halfords do a good one let it dry for a few days then t cut sorted