massive amounts of pigeons about up north

remmy1100

was out today shooting a rape field in northumberland just as i arrived 7.45 over 500 birds decended onto trees bordering the small rape field . as i reached them they lifted ,so i set out my stall and got ready ..twenty birds came first shot two then waited and waited. after 30 mins 10-15 birds then nothing again for 30 mins this went on all day finally packed up with 36 birds,saw several thousand birds flighting the area ,some were hitting a old cover crop of brussels.most birds i shot had no intention of coming into decoys :D:D luckily i caught them crossing over . :P

then on way home i passed a rape field near a small wood ,thousands of birds were hitting it i had already asked sometime ago but farmer says he had a gas gun sorting them :stupid::stupid::stupid: well i pulled over and took a look through binocullars thousands of birds on the crop around the gas gun ,hundreds in trees and guess what.......... 3 pigeons sitting on barrels of gas gun :yes::P gun was either knackered or out of gas. i called at farm again and told farmer and left my card im expecting his call the fields down to the ground :D and he told me last time he has few people that shoot his land :good::yes: .where are yous :P

Good bag remmy , hope the farmer calls you back. Nothing worse than watching a field get hammered and the farmer tells you he has regular shooters that never turn up until the spring drilling starts.

thanks lads, was a hard day getting them. birds are just jumping from one place to another at minute hard to pin them down .

farmer phoned me a while ago asking me to go up and speak to him tomorrow night .turns out he doesnt have anyone shooting his 850 acre farmland 350 acres of which is rape.he had two lads couple years ago ,caught them putting a lamb into back of there 4x4 :stupid::stupid: which they had shot :yes: so has made do with gas guns.gave him a phone number of local farmer i shoot for... he phoned him /then phoned me .turns out they know each other :yes::P anyway got to go up tomorrow to get written permission and to map boundaries ect. :stupid::good: