.243 open ticket

Hi all,

Could anyone tell me would I be able to get a .243 on my ticket when I probably haven't got any land passed for this calibre??

I've got and open fac for .223 and smaller and have a genuine reason for the. .243 calibre, but not sure if I will be granted it due to no land cleared for it,

Any help will be great

Cheers

I have been on 4 paid stalks for red and have been given an open .308 based on paid stalking elsewhere but it is cleared for me to use anywhere AOLQ probably to save problems of land clearance and based on my 5 years of .223 ownership and safe use.

You have roe so legally you should get 243, the deer don't need to be on a piece of ground all the time as most forces realise they wonder. Always a good idea to bang a few highseats up to impress plod. You should get the 243 on open ticket as its no more dangerous than the 223 but firearms depts do make up some silly rules as they go along.

Even if it's opened you will still need need one permission passed for .243, unless you are applying for it on a paid stalking basis and can convince them to issue it opened.

See my post above - I have to say Cheshire have really gone up in my estimation of late, they are now better than many.

If I am reading the OPs post correctly he has a permission that has been inspected and passed for .223 (He would have had to have one permission deemed suitable for a .223 when he applied for and to be granted that calibre - Would he not?) Is it not possible to get the OPs permission(s) rechecked and changes as open for .243 rather than just .223. Depending on how good a working relationship he has with his Firearms Office maybe a quick phone call could clear this up quite easily.

If I am reading the OPs post correctly he has a permission that has been inspected and passed for .223 (He would have had to have one permission deemed suitable for a .223 when he applied for and to be granted that calibre - Would he not?) Is it not possible to get the OPs permission(s) rechecked and changes as open for .243 rather than just .223. Depending on how good a working relationship he has with his Firearms Office maybe a quick phone call could clear this up quite easily.

It would indeed !