Anybody do martial arts/boxing/MMA

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This fella ain't bad not sure what style he does but he is brutal Melvin "Marvelous" Manhoef Highlight & Tribute 20:

Manhoef's style is Dutch Muay Thai which is more aggressive than normal Thai. He's amazing but if you YouTube is fight with Robbie Lawler you'll see what I mean about having a mix of martial arts instead of just relying on one.

The main thing is that you enjoy whatever you decide to do. It doesn't matter if it's the best street fighting/defence system, if you hate the classes you won't go! Forget the **** that x is better than y! Who cares?

Find something you enjoy and you will go back! My instructor teaches me a mix of boxing and muay thai, i love it so i keep doing it :-) he doesn't own a gym, he isn't a qualified instructor, we don't do routines to count towards belts or **** like that. But he is an ex mma fighter with zero losses, he works for me during the day and since we are kinda remote out here in the middle east we have plenty of training time at nights after work.

As has been said if threatened the best defence is to run away!

Whatever you decide to do good luck and if you don't like it walk away and find something else ;-)

if your from Manchester , get in touch with Tony Moore( british thai boxing council) his gym is in denton Manchester and he is the highest ranked muay thay instructor outside of Thailand,

I travelled all over the world with him in my fighting days and also when I did my degree at the buddah swan institute in Thailand ,

him and his wife Karen will make you feel more than welcome,

enjoy and all the best with what you decide but IMO Muay Thai is by far the perfect art for self defence fitness and also going forward, also there is 9 limbs,,your head is the 9th although not recognised ,

atb Evo