Dog & Doe

This farm has only just come out of a steward ship scheme so the margins are quite high around the edges of the woods,
in turn it only leaves a few places to get a clear line of sight, there are 3 high seats including my one but the cover is waiting to be topped and is not the best quality so will be left until all the best hay is finished.

I walked around the long way so to come in the right way for the wind and pitched up next to a very high fence protecting an instillation. To my left was a clear track of 300 yards and opposite a small wood and track.
The gun has to point some where so I chose in front as deer should move out of cover and my guess would prove right later on….
Half an hour in to my wait there was movement to my left so I slowly moved the quad sticks and gun around to track a large dog fox making his way in my direction.
To be honest I was not going to shoot it as I didn’t want rattle the wood but the wind was going away from cover.

25 minuets later out hopped a doe out into the low cover; she then walked into the thicker stuff!!! But luckily she came back out and it was know of never…
Not far, but a neck shot stopped her as she stood…I was glad to go as the mozzies had been homing in on me for the last hour and a half….

005_zpsacea43bd.jpg008_zps405c769a.jpg

TEH

Nice shooting, I know how you feel about the mozzies I'm bit to **** at the moment! :/

Just read Muntjac are all year round. Why's that? Large population?

Never tasted Muntjac either, how does it compare to Roe?

Jamie.

I wouldn't be bothered about shooting foxes whilst waiting for deer , ive done it quite a few times. The noise doesn't seem to bother them at all . I once shot a fox and round the next corner shot a roebuck who was just feeding totally unconcerned at my previous shot. Take chances when they present themselves I always say :yes: