Crow bashing today

pin

Well, there were all sorts of plans for today, first light ferreting blown out by the rain, then clay shooting spoiled by the rain :lol:

Was on the phone to SS and he said a local keeper might be up for us getting rid of some of the black ones for him.

Sorted! Got packed up, and got over there with another lad (joining pw as we speak) and split into 3 hides to keep the birds on the move.

I got stuck in first and had a total nightmare, I couldn't hit a thing :) It got better and I hit some nice birds, but had a problem picking as many as I know I had shot.

The other lads got set up and I could hear them having some sport in the distance. Started to go dry for them about 3.30 so we packed up and got over to a roosting wood to catch some coming in for the night. Not as great as it could have been but SS took a peachy 40 yard bird which was nicely picked by Becky. I think the squirrel got added to the bag at that point as well.

All the birds were behind us and very few came our way, we couldn't shoot in that direction which was annoying, there were literally hundreds of birds back there.

Pic of the bag, 52 black ones, 1 piggy and a squirrel nicely guarded by Becky.

post-3238-1171136737.jpg

Just don't tell me the score, will watch it on football first later :lol:

Made up mate, and probably the last ferreting of the season tomorrow early doors, if I am still allowed to sleep in the same bed as the mrs after all this field sport is another question :):lol:

I'll own up, it was shocking :lol: I don't think I hit a single thing with the first box :)

In my defence it was the semi which I don't normally use, full choke :lol: so it took a while to sort it out, having that extra shot is a real cartridge eater when you are missing things :lol: