Wolverine B proving its worth

evo

got a call last night off my shooting buddy Roger(golfshot) who asked if I could go with him to his golf coarse permission as the greenkeeper had said the rabbit numbers had increased and could he sort it,so I decided to take the Wolverine b .177 with me on its first night session,

8pm and off we went,

we arrived at the perm and decided to go on the practice ground for half an hour to check the zero,s of the rifles at 40yrds,Both rifles grouped excellent with the H&N FT trophy pellets so after a short practice decided to get our camo gear on and have a walk round,

there was no wind at all and we where finding it very difficult to get close to the rabbits or close enough to ensure a clean kill due to everything being so still,

after an hour we had not got close to any so we decided to go the other side of the coarse and try our luck,on the way we picked up the nv kits(Evo20,s) out of the car and off we went,

rabbit number one came when we used a tree to put in between us and the rabbit, it was approx. 35yrds and dropped like a stone,

rabbit two came after a 20 minute stalk and Roger took this with a superb head shot at 40 yrds

then we had a lull for around 2 hours

on our way back to the car we had better results taking another 4 rabbits, overall we had a smashing night and a few laughs and I must say it was in great company as usual,

I have to say that this new Wolverine b in .177 is really starting to impress me, it is now pin point accurate to 40yrds and really is a pleasure to use, the big bonus over my Airwolf .22 is you cannot double load it and it has certainly made life easier in the dark to judge distance with the flatter trajectory,

so I,ll use the wolverine by night and the airwolf by day

heres a few pics sorry about the pics but they where taken on david baileys(Rogers)phone

DSC_0196-Copy_zps218ddc7f.jpg

DSC_0190_zps52494788.jpg

thanks for a cracking night Roger, I,ll return the favour once the grass is cut

atb Evo

Sounds like a good night Bob. six aint bad when there are two of you stomping around in the dark. I sometimes go with a mate and rarely do as well as on my own but just good to have a laugh with a pal, think it takes me back to shooting with him as a youth killing tin cans and bottles.

Atb P.T

Sounds like a good night Bob. six aint bad when there are two of you stomping around in the dark. I sometimes go with a mate and rarely do as well as on my own but just good to have a laugh with a pal, think it takes me back to shooting with him as a youth killing tin cans and bottles.

Atb P.T

ha ha ,if you saw the size of rogers feet I,m amazed we got 6

glad the investment in the wolverine is paying you back, in rabbits and enjoyment evo.

.177 all the way!!!

belly

thanks lee, .177 is proving very valuable mate in the dark

Great read ... well done you both!

cheers pete,

Nice one Bob,

Tell Roger I said Hi, I gather his leg is ok now?

Atb

Flynny

will do mate, he was round today with his rifle,

Good night out Bob :good: Was beginning to think that it wasn't allowed outside in the fresh air :lol:

cheers mate,,it was nice to get out,sick of being in and working on this garden lol

atb Evo