classic double 101 date of manufacture

heardandseen

hi guy was just wondering if any one me be able to help shed some light . i was trying to find a chart to figure out when my classic double 101 was made buy there is absolutely nothing i believe these are the serial codes as there printed all over the gun CT2-824

cheer for any help

There were several guns marketed under the "Classic Doubles" mark One was distributed by Hurlingham Gun Rom that was in you neck of the woods . If its BNP then the chances are it is Japanese, The will be a date stamp which could be a circle with 2 letters and a number or crossed pikes with 2 letters these will be a date code .

Classic Doubles 101s were made inJapan from 1987 to 1991/2 when the factory was demolished to make a golf coure...

Brilliant guns ,I have the CD European sporter EP2 101 in 12g, outstanding wood..i believe your CT is a trap gun , had one of those as well , excellent...

yes tds mine is the trap version the wood is far superior to anything in its price range even better than stuff going for 1300 quid plus (525 grd1) its left handed and has a adj comb fits me like i was born to have it i smash stuff i thought i would never be able to hit the im never selling it ever . i like knowing about my gun most kids my age dont give a toss but Ive been raised to appreciate things more

Edited by heardandseen

Well it wont have been made afte rit was proffed it may have taken 2+ years to go from japan to first owner but proof date gives you the date it came into the uk (not all guns are brand new when they come in some are imported and proofed used but likely not as birmingham proof in the right era.

cheers guys for the help its nice to to know as much as you can about your guns. being the last of the 101s were they built using cnc machines or where there Japaneses craftsman at the controls of the lathes etc also the wood is gorgeous for something of that price has wood quality just dropped due to mass production ?? i did hear due the the factory finishing production the fitted what ever stocks they had to hand so people ended up getting higher grade wood for what they paid for is there any truth in this or ??

Edited by heardandseen