NV rig

activeviii

Starting playing with NV a little while ago. Did like a lot of others and bought cheap. Worked OK but I wanted more so ordered the e700 from sure24 and a smaller screen.

The battery has been stripped out of the blue shrink plastics and just one lead for both charging and powering.

To many late nights and can't wait till the darker evening so I get get out longer.

The land has few rabbits but what there is as very lamp shy. The farmer is ge5ing areas eaten out and keeps asking for me to clear them.

Well. 3 nights and 50 rabbits later I'm not seeing any on the one field so hope its job done for now.

Also I have had 4 foxes. None called in, just sat watching them as they walked up to the rabbit pile. All shot under 20 yards.

IMG_20140802_225242_zpskbowf6n7.jpg

E700 camera with smaller screen.

I was using with a plain t20 with single mode. If to bright its easy to turn the touch focas to wide. I have since added a Panasonic doubler and this has given me extra yardage.

The e700 fits nicely into 44mm solvent weld waste pipe but you do need to file 4 lines in the inside of tube to get camera to fit.

Then a shim on the inside to hold the camera in place.

A straight adaptor fits the bigger scope just right. For the leupolds I have a second tube made that has a T cut in the end so is expands a little AMD fits over.

I have soldered all the wiring and put the on/off switch in the back of screen.

Will stream line it !ore and more until I get it as neat as a home builder can with basic tools.

I was going to buy a ready made but thanks to the stock issues with the arrow I didn't order so a big thanks to SC for that as I wouldn't have tinkered.

First one I made as under £30 and OK, not great but OK. A better move was the Sony camera from ebay for £16 and this was great for the 22lr but I wanted more as I want it on the 243 for fox. Hence the change to the e700. The Sony set up was around £50 built and the e700 push it just over £100.

All in all its been fun, eye opening and now rewarding.

Was out two nights ago after been asked to clear a paddock. 35 rabbits later and one happy land owner I think it will all pay for its self very quickly.

Load game dealer is paying 1.50 a rabbit so happy days.

IMG_20140721_232303_zps0fkcyrx9.jpg

This it the Sony ebay camera setup with bigger screen.

Thanks for reading

Phil.

Found it easy to tell truth as I shoot off quad sticks. The bit that took some getting use to is remembering where I saw the rabbits, then trying to fins them so shoot them and then trying to find them after shooting. Just taken 73 rabbits to the game deal but I dare say it was 100 shot but couldn't find them all.

I have set the screen on to the T20 so I can have either on top is to the side. Very easy to mount on a bit of weaver rail.

Very easy to fit just press the adaptor on and then the doubler screw's on that.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=111232489493&alt=web

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=141269074059&alt=web

You can find cheaper it you look around a bit.

You only get 50 or so more metres but worth the extra I think.

Atb

Phil

Edited by activeviii

Very easy to fit just press the adaptor on and then the doubler screw's on that.http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=111232489493&alt=webhttp://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=141269074059&alt=web

You can find cheaper it you look around a bit.

You only get 50 or so more metres but worth the extra I think.

Atb

Phil

Cheers bud just ordered the adaptor, found a lens for 13.99.