Lanber guns

red_stag88

i would suggest a seconhand beretta or browning if you have that kind of budget even then for about 750/800 you could pick up a very good unless you really want a new one then look at the lanber/macnab /lincoln range what i would suggest is pop down the local clay shoot and look which guns you likeand maybe get to try so out ..hth.Rob :beer:

Depends on what you would use it for, I would also go for a really good second hand gun- Beretta is a good bet. Main thing is that it fits you, and it feels good in the hand....... if your'e using it for woodies, then remember that it may get a little scratched, and if youre not careful (and lucky!) it may get blooded from time to time. If its for clays then you may want to think about inter-changeable chokes.

Don't settle on the first one you see (or the price) but do buy from a reputable supplier to save on possible heart ache later, good luck W.W.N. :beer:

• 3 weeks later...

Red stagg, I have been using a Lanber 12bore 28" de-luxe for about three years. Then I bought a Benelli Nova pump action. I use this for all my pigeon shooting but still use the Lanber for clays. The gun is what it is, cheap and cheerful and it never let me done. I have put in excess of 10K of cartridges through it.

Lurcherboy :)

:< YES"" red stag, Bought a new 687s Silver Pidgeon in Nov 03. So after 150 shots on the clays, went to clean the gun and saw a crack on the underside of the stock just behind the trigger guard. So its back with GMK NOW. But still havnt heard anything in a week and 1/2. So as they say"" no news is good news :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've had a Lanber for years, and it's been great. I can highly recommend it.

As for the "cracks" conversation that's sprining up, a friend of mine bought a brand new Beretta recently, and some cracks developed. The supplier refused to take it back, claiming it wasn't under warranty, even though the warranty had not expired, just that "wood" wasn't covered!!!

He accepted this at face value (he is young!) so we went to the shop and explained his rights, and loo and behold, they are fixing it!

Not sure if this is any use to anyone, or not!?